daytime running lights

you have daytime running lights? check to see if they have an extra fuse to control them

oh, your location says Ca... I assumed Cali. if its required then why take it off?

Your location says CA, is that Canada or California? I havn't seen a P5 in Cali with DRL but I've heard of them in Canada. I'm guessing that the DRLs are the same as my parking lights. I'm sure you can put in a relay so that the power to the DRLs is on normally open, then power the relay by the parking light switch. Then when you turn on at least the parking lights, the relay will be powered and switch, then to DRLs will now be parking lights. Sorry I don't know the wire colors. Or, an easier way, but don't know if it's possible on a DRL equiped P5. Just cut the wire going to all the lights, and run wires to the lights off the headlight switch. Again, I don't know the wire colors. I would go with the relay system, it would be safer and actually easier now that I think about it.

DRL's should be controlled from a separate fuse in the block...I don't have my UM with me, but that's how it works on my other DRL equipped cars.

Yank the fuse to disable them.

hrmm, i have a similar question, i want my fog lights to come on, instead of having to turn my lights fully on. anyone know how to do that?

I WANT to be able to turn these Daytime Running Lamps on for my US spec P5.

Any ideas on how? It would be cool if it were a matter of a fuse enabling less voltage to go to the high beams.

- ZoomFive

Back