miata cams on protege 5

accuser

:
Mazda, Protege 5 - turbo
now i don't know if this is true... but i read somewhere that cams made for the 2002 miata and the 2002 protege5... is this truth or myth????

-pedro

well... we cant just say it's a myth by looking at the size of the motor... i used to be a big honda head and one thing we honda heads really know is that anything b-series fit on anything b-series... you can pull the head off of a GSR (1.8L) and put it on the block of a CRV(2.0L) or you can take the head off of a SI (1.6L) and put it on a LS (1.8L) or a CRV (2.0L) so the real question is ... is the head on the miata the same as the head on a protege? are parts interchangable like they are with the FS-ZE? is it the same engine series? are the block similar in every aspect aside from cc's?

it would be cool if they were interchangable... or if some sort of hybrid can be made... like miata head on protege block??? up the compression a little???? i dunno...

I completly doubt it. The Miata engine isn't even a FS series so i doubt that anything from a Miata would bolt up to a protege.

No it wont. It works with the second gen protege with the b series engine. The F series engine which we have is mazda long stroke engines the big 4 cylinders. The B series is short stroke engines. Totally different designs.

damn.... oh well... it's always good to hope... :-D...
so are their any cams that i can get asside from the FS-ZE cams for my p5?

You can get the Mazdaspeed cams for the FS-DE 2.0L. They're available everywhere except your local 7-11....:p

That's about the only other option than getting the JDM FS-ZEs.

I thought the jdm fs-ze cams where the same as the mazsaspeed ones. Is there any difference?

Back