Flanagan's Mazda/Jeep
1700 Stephens
Missoula, MT 59801
(406) 721-1381 ; (800) 543-7051

Jake Sweeney Mazda
33 W. Kemper Rd.
Cincinnati, Ohio
(513)-782-2826
Ask for Rhonda Bradford (Service Manager).

Oregon
Ron Tonkin Mazda - Portland, Or
503-257-2420
Ask for Gary (service Manager), BoB(service Grunt) or Ron (MSP Tech)
www.tonkin.com

Rhode Island
Mazda of Newport
1199 West Main Road
Middletown, RI 02842
401-846-0999
Ask for Angelo

South Carolina
John Finger Mazda
2512 Laurens Road (Across from Best Buy)
Greenville, SC 29607
864-458-3500
Talk to Stan Shockley in service dept.

Virginia
Brown's Fairfax Mazda
Fairfax, VA
703-385-8170
www.fairfaxmazda.com

Wisconsin
Russ Darrow Mazda
3520 S 108th St
Milwaukee
414-329-5800

Brown's Mazda in Virginia doesn't know about the flash. I had to give them the scoop today. So I just took it to Rosenthal Mazda. They were super polite and got it done quickly.

If it weren't for the leaky cooland hose they have to replace I would have the MSP in my driveway

Info From other Threads

Heres some Info from the other Threads so people dont have to go crazy looking through them ( All this Info was from Chojin)

The file for the Mazdaspeed Protege is QOAP4C0.

Everyone-

I can confirm that this PCM Update is now available for download by any Mazda Dealer Service Dept. Manager.

Jeff Haas Mazda in Houston, TX will have this Upate loaded onto their WDS by Friday and ready for re-flashing by Saturday. If you would like to come in on Saturday, call on Friday to set up an appointment with the Service Dept at 713-932-6004.

Enjoy.

-Shawn

Everyone-

Now that the Update is official, I can elaborate on what was done.

Here is a dyno comparison of the Stock PCM vs. the Prototype PCM I tested with the Update:

The Stock PCM is the RED Line and the Prototype PCM is the BLUE Line.

Please note:
1. I have the Injen CAI, Protosport 2.25" DP, and JIC Magic SUS 60mm Exhaust.
2. I'm running STOCK BOOST.

/members/FBI14/stock_vs_prototype.jpg

The car is in Closed Loop from 2500 to 3300 RPM, where it then goes into Open Loop until Redline.

As you can see, the Air/Fuel Ratios for the two are almost identical until 4900 RPM; meaning the Mazda Engineers only slightly changed the fuel map from 4900 RPM to Redline.

So, what about the major differences in the 3300-5100 RPM range? That is where we all feel the hesitation and bogging, right? Especially after the engine coolant temperature gets into the "heat soak" range.

Well, the Mazda Engineers adjusted the TIMING map (ADVANCED TIMING) in this RPM range quite a bit to achieve the nice smooth HP and TQ curves you see in BLUE.

That is the answer to everyones question of "What exactly did they do?"

Driving around town, the difference between the Stock and Prototype was Night and Day. You WILL definitely feel the power difference shown on the Dyno Sheet.

Now to all of you with increased boost levels: bring it down to 9 PSI MAX (including spikes) or you will get knock.

Cheers.

-Shawn

Munday Mazda's service manager is sick so no one knows what goin on so
For the Houston area:
MAZDA OF KINGWOOD
22565 EASTEX FREEWAY
KINGWOOD, TEXAS
Phone: 281-312-6200

Just got back from the dealer where I got reflahsed. The flash took about 1 hour to complete and there is a difference. I live about 20 mins. from the dealer and in that time frame, I noticed the gains. From about 3000 rpm to redline, the car has more power. You step on the throttle and it goes, no more hesitation. I hope that this reflash helps everyone and that it lasts.

Kevin

More St. Louis Flashers....

Here are 2 more for St. Louis:

Bommarito Mazda West
15736 Manchester Road
Ellisville, MO 63011
Phone: (636) 391-8822
Fax: (636) 227-9340

Bommarito Mazda South
6127 South Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63123
Phone: (314) 487-9800
Fax: (314) 487-3855

Good luck everyone!!!!!

Mike

nrcooled said:
Brown's Mazda in Virginia doesn't know about the flash. I had to give them the scoop today. So I just took it to Rosenthal Mazda. They were super polite and got it done quickly.

If it weren't for the leaky cooland hose they have to replace I would have the MSP in my driveway

Nrcooled,

Only one person knows about it, Greg hehehe Green Team. Funnylittlman and Saabaadoo got their appt next tuesday and I'm trying to get mine done too. How do you think Rosenthals' service compare to Brown's? Will talk more during our meet at Burke Lake. Peace.

As of today, Millenium Mazda in Durham, NC claims that the update is not available to them. They claim to have tried to find it but, it wasn't where they looked. Oh well. Maybe one day.

I posted in the CT section regarding local dealers, but my crew has dropped the ball on it, so here's our local list as of now:

Connecticut
Modern Mazda
Thomaston, CT

Morande Mazda
Manchester, CT

Dworkin Mazda
Derby, CT

Hopefully my local peeps will drop some more knowledge as it comes along.

Just so you all know, there is a sticker inside the engine compartment showing the flash has been done. They will open your hood.

Britt

Got my ECU upgrad today at Bommirto mazda in st louis, MO. The difference is night and day. also got my say bar bussings fixed, no more clunking.

FunSpeed said:
I hope that this reflash helps everyone and that it lasts.

Kevin

What do you mean? Is there a reason the increase in power might drop after a while?Is there any chance of that happening

you never know what might happen. i am sure this reflash will remain a constant thing in our cars, but you never know. only time will tell.

Kevin

P.S. Britt, where is the sticker under your hood, I don't believe I got one this morning. :confused:

nrcooled said:

Yo bro,

Talk w/ Greg. he knows.

I am leaving to go pick up my car in half an hour - I will post my reviews first thing in the morning - hope everyone has good results!! - Have a safe evening!!

Back