RE: MSP ECU fix and tunability

OrangeAppeal

:
'03 MSP - #729 - '90 CRX Si
RE: MSP ECU fix and tunability

I don't get it....people b**** and complain about the hesitation in their MSP and they want something done about it. Some of those people just sit back and let others do the foot work, others take a proactive stance to try to get something done, and others do what they can with the resources they have to get something done....regardless, everyones efforts worked, and Mazda comes through with a fix to the hesitation....YEAH!!!!

Well, people who were bitching and complaining about the hesitation, who waited for Mazda to do something, are now complaining that Mazda didn't do a good enough job and that they aren't going to accept the "fix" because "more timing means less tunability" and many other statements along those lines. This is all coming from people who haven't even driven in a car that has the "fix". For all they know, they may be happy with the performance gains from the fix.

As far as the "less tunability" statement...I don't know where they are coming up with that. By less tunability do they mean that they can't just up the boost with a MBC as high as they would like to? Cause that ain't tuning. Tuning is finding out what works and what doesn't work....and if you want the thing that doesn't work with your application to work, find out how to make it work. Also, the ability to boost more doesn't mean s*** if the fueling and timing are piss poor to begin with....hence why you should feel the same pull at 9psi with the new flash as you would at 12psi before the flash (just an example....acutal boost levels may be different).

You people who keep saying that there is less tunability know nothing about tuning. LEARN IT BEFORE YOU KNOCK IT!

thank you OrangeAppeal for those words. I'm glad mazda has done something about this hesitation problem. Me personally, from what i have read in the other thread. This fix is what I was looking for. I know the MSP is not a car for the drag strip it is meant to be a street car. That was what I was looking for in a car and that is what I got. I want to also say thank you again to Chojin and Boostisgood for all of their hard work, wit hout them non of this would have been possible.

Thanks Jesse! That's awesome, man, because I've been saying that as soon as people started saying that it's less tunable...You are *not* a tuner if you simply up your boost. Much like, you are not a great driver if you simply street race...

Speaking of which...see you at Auto-X this weekend...maybe I'll be flashed by then!

........and Servo if your not falshed by then I'll bring a long coat to the track....:D

BOT - Yes....guys let's not look a gifted horse in the mouth...or something....Like they have been saying Flash + 9psi and your a jammin dude in an MSP.

STLBLKMSP said:
thank you OrangeAppeal for those words. I'm glad mazda has done something about this hesitation problem. Me personally, from what i have read in the other thread. This fix is what I was looking for. I know the MSP is not a car for the drag strip it is meant to be a street car. That was what I was looking for in a car and that is what I got. I want to also say thank you again to Chojin and Boostisgood for all of their hard work, wit hout them non of this would have been possible.

Dead on! To me This car is perfectly tuned to my liking...Stock! Yes, maybe a CAI and TT but thats why I got this car... I am content for MazdaSpeed to do the tuning. Its also a great place to start to explore what tuning is. By the way, Good words Jesse (my name too):cool:

Last edited:
Back