What is the standard of headlight low beam bulb?

The owner's manual gives details and graphical illustrations showing how to change light bulbs of headlight, signal lights, cargo lights.... but not the standard, is it H4?

oh, btw, the reason why i am changing those bulbs is because regular bulbs will usually cause fogginess to the headlight cover. and i think bulbs are cheaper, right? ;)

Last edited:
dont know bout the p5,(i think it has seperate bulbs?) but the mp3 uses h4's

H4's are a dual fillament(SP) bulb, both high and low, the MP#'s should use these since they have a single headlight unlike the P5 that has a seperate high and low.:D

welcome to the wonderful world of P5 headlights, some of the best around, but just expect to change you're bulbs frequently every 6 mo to 1 year or so. If you find a good deal on them, by a few!!!

welcome to the wonderful world of P5 headlights, some of the best around, but just expect to change you're bulbs frequently every 6 mo to 1 year or so. If you find a good deal on them, by a few!!!

Why do so many people have problems with their headlights? My driver side one is almost 3 years old, and my passenger side is closing in on 2 years.

Of course, now that I have said that I have a feeling that I will be digging around in there shortly.

Last edited:
Why do so many people have problems with their headlights? My driver side one is almost 3 years old, and my passenger side is closing in on 2 years.

Of course, not what I have said that I have a feeling that I will be digging around in there shortly.

My mom's P5 is the same way, 4 years old and still stock head lights. I'm not sure why, I replace them w/o touching the bulbs, make sure that everything's secure, tried different brands of bulbs etc. Still to no avail. I do notice that when I turn my lights on then the car, there is a rather large change in brightness, I've always wondered if that's the cause, never been able to find out though.
Anyone have any thoughts?

H7 is the low beam
9005 Is the High Beam
H3 is the Fog lights

And euro is same, but H1 for high beam.

It seems that you don't find H7 bulbs so easily? Here allmost every newer car uses H7's. Older cars have H4, but they also have low- and high-beam in same headlight.

Just curious.. What you consider short time for headlamp? I had some Philips "super white +90% more light" -bulbs, and they lastet ~3 months. Now I have some Osram Longlife's and they are getting 1 year old..

Back