Jacking points

Anyone investigate yet if the 03 Protege can be lifted from the rocker directly under the center door pillar? This would facilitate removing two wheels during an autox whel exchange. I was going to design and machine a load spreader which would recieve the lift point of the jack, but am unsure about the center location. Thanks in advance!

Godspeed!
Dave

The best place I have found to jack the car from is from the front. You will notice a little "ball" on the frame piece that the front motor mount is connected to. It has served me well.

LinuxRacr said:
The best place I have found to jack the car from is from the front. You will notice a little "ball" on the frame piece that the front motor mount is connected to. It has served me well.

You'll have to show me this location. I am not sure where your talking about. Next meet.....

In the rear, use the center plate that both rear suspension trapezoidal bars mount to in the middle of the car.

Micaspeed: The MSP sill extensions prevent you from using a jack under the middle of the sides. You would have to go in further and then there's a flat frame like section, but it doesn't look like the jack would hold onto it very well when you got the car up in the air. I just gave up on jacking from the side and do the front and rear.

yea since you have sideskirts its best to use the front and rear jacking spots. the ole dx never minded center jacking though ;)

haha.

when i change wheels at an event, i jack up the front. the RB rear swaybar lifts the rear tire on that same side, so i can change both at once and only jack the car up twice.

When I raise my car i like to use a 2x4 abot 10 inches long centered on the dish of my jack (6in dia) and i lift it off center just at the point of the end of the front door and it lifts up both side nicely on the lip of course, the wood keeps from bending this lip as well

I use the front lower control arm rear mounting point. Look under the car, just in front of the front door, for the two bolt heads sticking out. Lifts both tires on a side, so only 2 lifts for the whole car...

Back