Which Alternator Should I get?

TightMP3

Alternator
Who makes the best Alternator:confused: Does anyone have a link to a site where I can buy one? I want one for my stereo....Let me know guys

if you are looking for serious Alt check out Stinger's stuff also Lightinging Audio. They make good Alts for car audio, they run a little high though. maybe you can find a deal on ebay or something. But if you are going to be putting some heavy stuff in your MP3 it would be a good idea to get a new Alt. I found that the stock one is very weak.

I really want to stray away from using a stinger or any type of audio companies alt. I thought someone said they put a Motorsport 200 or something on theres. Does anyone know how much ours produces?:confused:

I had a motorsport alternator put in. The installer mentioned that aftermarket and rewound alternators don't put out much at idle.

Can you please get me the Model number or where you got it? Some people say if you get a bigger alt. you can fry the comp. in the car. Is that true? Let me know guys...Thanks!!

Its not true. you can only do that if you hook it up wrong. I had it installed by dracuit alternator, so I don't know the model number.

Back