Any kits using a small T25/T28 turbo ?

SR20DET

I've run across the spoolin' and "flyin' miata" site and all of the specific details aren't listed on those sites.

Looks like the spoolin' kit uses a T3 turbo of some variety ?

I have a brand new T28 ball bearing turbo for a 2001 S15.

Turbo specs:

Compressor: T-28, 60 trim 60 mm BCI-1 compressor in T-04B housing

Turbine: Inco turbine wheel. Cast divider wall between turbine discharge and wastegate.

Center Section: Ball Bearing

Does anyone sell a kit or at least a manifold(t25 flanged) that would allow me to use this turbo on my P5 ?

This turbo is close to being the perfect size for the P5 IMO and lag would be almost non-existent.

My thoughts for a kit are as follows....

S15 Turbo - Internal Wastegate is already set at 7psi (perfect)

Front mount Intercooler and Piping, nice downpipe and exhaust, slighty larger injectors and a good engine management solution.

I'd like to see around 175-200whp with this combo.

What standalones have you guys had luck with Haltech , etc?

Thanks for any input ;)

the T28 is probably the most perfect turbo for your application. it should bolt to a T3 flange.
my recommendation to you would be to see what type of manifold you would like (tubular or cast) and go from there
many guys here can get you a list of manifolds. If you would like some more info on a good manifold PM me and ill send you some info

Like nick said, it MAY bolt up, but I have no idea. If it doesn't, there may be some kind of adaptor to go from a T3 manifold to a t28. Either that, OR I'm sure terry could have them make a T-28 mani.

The t28 off the s15 silvia will not bolt up to a t3 flange. Get an adapter or have the flange custom fitted to a prefabbed manifold.

I think the site is www.fittings.com or something along those lines. They have all types of fittings so you can plumb the oil lines going to the turbo. A good thing is you won't have to worry about running coolant lines since the t28 is oil cooled only.

nrcooled said:
The t28 off the s15 silvia will not bolt up to a t3 flange. Get an adapter or have the flange custom fitted to a prefabbed manifold.

I think the site is www.fittings.com or something along those lines. They have all types of fittings so you can plumb the oil lines going to the turbo. A good thing is you won't have to worry about running coolant lines since the t28 is oil cooled only.
good to see a fellow turbo protege owner in northern va

oil cooling isn't very efficient for cooling a turbo unless you have an oil cooler before the turbo to help cool down the oil...water cooled is usually much better (especially for road racing)

Yeah we can make you a manifold with a flange for any turbo. Provide me with the flange and I can make it.

I can make you a stage 1 style header for 450 and 500 ceramic coated;)

Thanks for the info guys.... and BTW this turbo needs a T25 flange and is water AND oil cooled. I just so happen to have a HKS adjustable actuator for it too ;)

Back