CAI and check engine light

no, but if for some reason it does, just reset your ecu...to do this, unhook the positive battery terminal, press the brake pedal to discharge any leftover electrical energy, then hook it back up...and tada, good as gold.

no no no... not the positive! unhook the negative terminal! and if you ever disconnect a battery, disconnect the negative first, then positive. something bad, i don't know what, but potentially very bad will happen if you just disconnect the positive terminal. makes no sense to me, but that's what i've always been told. but yeah, disconnect negative terminal, depress brakes about 5-7 times, then reconnect and you should be fine.

hey Bryan, as the other said....NO, not usually.....it has happened to just a few people though.

what I would recommend is after you install the intake start up your car and allow it to idle for about 10 minutes before you take off and test drive your new intake....

and IF by chance you happen to get a CEL, which I highly doubt you will, but IF you do....bring the car back home...park it....disconnect the NEGITIVE terminal on your battery....push the brake pedal a few times (this discharges a few capacitors in the system) all the car to set for about 5 to 10 minutes....then reconnect the negitive battery terminal back up....start the car and allow it to idle for 10 minutes or so to allow the ECU to relearn all the parameters of the car again. your CEL will be gone and you are set to roll.

the reason you remove the NEGITIVE terminal vs the Positive terminal is the potential for arcing....and that can potentially do very bad things to the electronics of a cars system....you could damage the ECU itself....so just be safe and disconnect the negitive side of the battery first at all times when disconnecting the battery for ANY reason.

(stash)

you should disconnect the battery after every mod anyhow, so the ecu recognizes that you have changed your car and will adapt to your new driving habits...this is what ive been told, so i do it everytime, but not sure if it really works or not.

Yes as to what Matthew said. Whenever you Mod your vehicle no matter what the mod is you MUST DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE before installation. When done instaling, connect it back of course make sure everything is off, no radio, no ac, no nothing and let the car run for atleast 60 seconds so ECU will recognize and adapt to the given mod installed.

I can't believe I got an email notification for something I posted almost four years ago.

Back