Mazda6 rims - 17x7

Problem is, Mazda only used one mold - that means, one side of the car, the rims will be 'backwards'.. :(

That's my ONLY beef with them. :D

LOL, that sucks!

What's teh bolt pattern and offset on them? Bueller?

Kooldino said:
LOL, that sucks!

What's teh bolt pattern and offset on them? Bueller?

I was going to get a set, but realized that they're all in one direction.... looks like booty.

Same bolt pattern 5x114.3

Offset is +55 or +60.... no definative answer on this on yet.

Jim

[jackmyownthread]Jim, you coming to the meet tomorrow?[/jackmyownthread]

Mackdaddy said:
I was going to get a set, but realized that they're all in one direction.... looks like booty.

Same bolt pattern 5x114.3

Offset is +55 or +60.... no definative answer on this on yet.

Jim
sorry guys but i already tried this the offset is to big and it wont clear the protege strut case

perfworks said:
sorry guys but i already tried this the offset is to big and it wont clear the protege strut case

Good info.. needs a sticky before someone mistakenly buys them for a Protege!

iON Performance said:
For those who want to run these wheels, just get an H&R Track Spacer and then you're good to go :)
tried that too. when you have 3 or four people in the car they hit the fender well.
also the spacer doesnt allow enough threading

perfworks - what's the offset of the Mazda 6 wheels? If it's 5mm then that'll be within a safe margin. IIRC H&R does make a stud & spacer kit. Also, the rubbing when the vehicle is loaded is due to tire size. Were you running 215/45/17? If you absolutely want to fit these you may have to run 215/40/17's.

iON Performance said:
perfworks - what's the offset of the Mazda 6 wheels? If it's 5mm then that'll be within a safe margin. IIRC H&R does make a stud & spacer kit. Also, the rubbing when the vehicle is loaded is due to tire size. Were you running 215/45/17? If you absolutely want to fit these you may have to run 215/40/17's.
yes im aware of the of the stud kit. The 5 mm spacer was used along with the stock 45 series tires. i had the chance to try this because i owned both the mazda 6 and the pro 5. (until the accident)
the rims were nice but when i tried it and it became a hassle it wasnt worth it. they are a very soft aluminum and bend very easily. i ran into this when we had our winter storms here and tore up the roads pretty good. There are alot of good rim man. out there that IMO have a better quality rim to replace the stockies

[threadjack]wow my eyes are cross from looking at that website...that horrible blue sidebar with black menus makes me feel like i should be wearing 3d goggles[/threadjack]

Back