Rim Repair Estimates?

L8R

Contributor
:
02' Sport 20/Familia
okay, im pissed, but i wont go into detail. to make a long story short, i curbed a quarter of the lip on my rim. its gunmetal cp5's. i did the searches, but only found how to repair and stories. i want to know how much it would cost to fix. its not deep, nor is the rim bent, but just really scratched up. keep in mind, its gunmetal, not silver, so i cant repair it myself. thanks guys. peace - chris

There are places that fix wheels...I asked about my miata wheels and it was going to cost about $125.00 CAD...so around $80.00 US to have completely fixed. So costly because they are not in town...had to be shipped out..so if there is a place in your city, it should cost less.

Hey Chris, sorry to hear about your rim. That really sucks. If you decide to have your rim fixed locally can you let me know where your're going and if its a good shop? I hit a fucken pot hole and it scratched and chipped the finish of one of my rims. Thanks.

You may be somewhat limited due to your location. Why not try to fix it yourself? I got a bit of curb rash on the rim of my stock P5 wheel. Used a dremel to carefully grind out the scratch, and then used my silver touchup paint (close match to the wheel) to finish. Real hard to see any damage unless you know where to look. You might see if there is any touchup paint that is a close match to your wheel. If it doesn't lok nice, then maybe try a pro.

Back