Post your Tire/Wheel Combo SIZES!!

fkmp5

Contributor
:
05 TSX // 07 Civic // 03.5 P5 (16.08 @85.29)
Okay, I know Rishie has posted his sticky on this topic, and we all look at it like it's a bible, but I have heard it's possibly not completely accurate.

So I'm curious, what tire sizes and wheel sizes are people running WITHOUT any rubbing or problems?

Post your Tire Size (example: 215/35/18) Wheel Size (example: 18x7.5) and your Offset (example: +48).

Post what springs you have (stock, spools, eibach, etc).

Let's get some accurate information that we know works and we can prove.

Tire Size:
Wheel Size:
Offset:

MP3 wheels

Tire-215/40
Wheel-17x7
Offset-50mm

Stock springs. Rub? What rub?

18" x 7.5" +45 offset
215 x 35 x 18

about 3" lower that stock pro. 2" lower than mp3

my rears are tucked and its CLOSE but I didn't adjust the camber so it fits.

but a little camber never hurt anyone.

Tire Size: 205-40-ZR17 Kumho 712s
Wheel Size: 17 X 7.5 Rota Sub-Zero
Offset: +48 (center bores are machined to fit)
Suspension: JIC FLTA-2

My next tires will probably be 225 as I now have JIC coilovers, so Rishie's fitment guide no longer applies to me.(rockon)

Tire Size: 215/40/18 Nitto Neo Gen
Wheel Size: 18 X 7.5 Rays G-Games
Offset: +42
Suspension: Eibach Pro Kit Springs

You've got to have some issue with that low of a offset

UGOTZOOMED said:

UGOTZOOMED said:

you are the man, you make it sound so easy :D

I am trying to figure out what I can safely fit. I am looking to get 18's soon.

Tires: Kumho 712s' 205/40/17
Rims: Racing Hart C5 3-piece 17 X 7
Offset: +37
Springs: B+G 1.3 inches

No rubbing at all. Not even close.

Attachments

• front rim.jpg
    front rim.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 234
Eggy,

My fitment recipe does apply to you. The JIC's won't help in tire width at all on our cars. You can make it work with a lot of negative camber but with a 17" wheel you will be restricted to a 225/45, which is just too tall and will rub. So sorry, but the coilovers if anything eliminate some backspacing. Run that camber low and you'll get them to fit, but might hit the spring perch on the inside as a result.

Call me before you do and we'll take some measurements. You might be able to do it with Nitto NT555, only tire I seen in 225/40 series 17.

Rishie

MP3 wheels are +55 offset just as an Fyi. My recipe is based on a 215/40/17. I never bothered to test fit a 205 cause it doesn't meet my personal standards. I want max width, stock gearing or slightly taller for a street car.

(doh)Whoa. I could've sworn that Dave said I could go wider now. Thanks for the info, Rishie. I'll be calling you about those tires in about 10k miles.:)

Last edited:
I think it will work just a tight squeeze. I think you can EEK it in there I can see Rishie's point though. I denotely saw plenty of room while under the wheel adjusting with those wheels I think you will be OK.

Can you dig this? 225/40/18 +48

/members/aftershock63/tiresize.jpg

/members/aftershock63/wheelangle.jpg

/members/aftershock63/side.jpg

No rubing anymore. I had a couple minor issuses but I'm running clean and clear now. Which is good. LOL

I find it interesting that a lot of you are running ONLY 205's on 7's and even more 7.5's!!!!!! (omg)
I am running 205's on stock 6's. Is there a rub issue?
Because I would think there is room for at least 215's under there, maybe 225's.
Enlighten me!

blynzoo, Good point ;)
I got a great deal on my tires, otherwise I would've gone with 215.
rasta.gif

Back