Kent CT meet will be taking place on SEPT. 6th

Ok guys I figured I would post this here also for all of you guys on this board that would like to come .. We are having the 3rd annual Kent Falls Park Meet.

this is the sign up list

Here are all of the Details

and for the lazy ....

-------------------------snip ---------------------------------
Kent Falls Connecticut Protege Club Northeast Meet is happening Saturday September 6th, 2003 - Mark Your Calendars!

Location: Kent Falls State Park directly off of Route 7 in Kent, Connecticut

When: Saturday September 6, 2003 10:00am until 4:30pm or later

Car enthusiasts unite at the third bi-annual Protege Club Kent Falls meet, where ideas are shared, where stereos are evaluated (but not loud enough to get kicked out of the park), where cars are evaluated with ride-alongs among scenic route 7 throughout the meet (turbo cars VERY welcome here LOL), pictures are taken of the rides, and many faces are put to the names on the boards, ohh, plus plenty of food to take care of lunch and dinner!

The state park this meet is held at, Kent Falls, has accomodations for barbequing and also many picnic tables to eat at which in the past have been able to be moved together to support a large group meet.

Participants of this meet should bring items to barbeque with including foil, lighter fluid, charcoal, and a lighting device of some sort.

Food, condiments, and other items brought to the meet in the past includes sodas, hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken (lots of it), specialty meats (?? LOL) such as what Zetec once brought, make your own sandwich stuff with different breads, meats and cheeses, noodle salad, potato salad, chips, pretzels, ketchup, mustard, mayonaise, hamburger buns, hotdog buns, napkins, cups, plastic silverware, disposable plates, garbage bags, etc.. if these items are brought the meet is sure to be a success food wise and clean up wise.

We will try to in some form line up the cars for photo taking later on in the day when it seems everyone has showed up, so if possible, when parking at the meet -- if you're not the first one there, join the other Mazda and Ford vehicles in the line up when parking at the meet, assuming that there is alot of parking as there has been in the past and if possible. Vehicles should back up into spots to make it easier to take the photos. :D

Hiking can be done at this park, and, will be, so bring your best hiking shoes if you don't want to slide off the rocks while climbing them, there is also plenty of land to roam during and after the meet so feel free to bring friends and family, there are waterfalls to look at and relax with at the park.

Depending on if the park ranger or assistants are there, there may or may not be an admission fee into the park.

If there is an admission charge to the park, it will be at most $7 for CT state residents per car, and at most $10 for out of state residents per car.

Cellular phones, at least in the past, have not worked very well at this meet, however some service may be available. Verizon service is basically non-existant at the meet. I'm not sure about other carriers. So, don't depend on your cell phone to call others, plan ahead by printing out and following directions, or by setting up convoys up to Kent!

Everybody is invited regardless of what type of vehicle you drive, however, Fords and Mazdas are the norm at this meet.

Alcohol is not permitted at this state park, so if you do decide to bring anything be very discreet about it, if you want to add something to your coke/pepsi, go ahead but don't become belligerant and get us banned from using the park ever again for such meets.

This meet has never been organized in conjunction with the Kent Falls office at all, however even with a wedding going on at the same time in the park, our meet has never been anything but a success, but be nice to the people working at the park because they have no idea who we are.

Everyone attending this meet, if you haven't gone to it before, please use Mapquest in the following way so that you can accurately get to the meet!

Go to http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp

1) enter your departure address

2) in "step 2", "End", pull down the -Places of interest- submenu.. scroll down to "Parks" and select it.

3) for "End" city type in Kent, and for state CT, then press "get directions"

4) on the next screen that comes up, under "Select from Parks in Kent, CT" click on the letter K, select Kent Falls State Park and press "get directions" again.

This method seems to be a completely accurate way of printing out a map to get there.. so use it! You also get to choose from 3 different ways of going there, this way, but I'd suggest sticking to major routes aka "not getting lost". Keep in mind that in this area some back roads are sometimes closed, and mapquest may not know about it.

Route 7, which Kent Falls is off of usually becomes an annoyingly slow backroad due to people driving at sub speed limit speeds (the speed limit is low to begin with), during and after passing through the town of New Milford, but if you don't hit traffic it is decently windy. We don't want anybody getting tickets or worse, so drive carefully :D

Another thread is being started with an "I'm bringing this thing" (food/condiment/bbq item) and "I'm bringing this many people" so that we can estimate how much food is needed.

----------------------------snip ---------------------------

So we would like for as many members on this board to also show up ...

The park is not far from New Jersey and PA and CT ..
so everyone can make it out ,, have a good time,, eat a few burgers and some hot dogs and chicken .. (they stick me as the chef) lol ..

I and my Brother will be there.
thanks and I hope to see all of you mp3/msp/p5 members out there
Bruce

(hi) (hi) (hi)

sweet can't wait to see you there.. .

I am a little surprised , all these mazdaspeeds,mp3's and p5's that are in Jersey ,... I run across your posts a lot .. All you guys should show up .. You are all Welcome , you can start your own sign up if you want , just make sure to colaborate it with ours. as we all will be bringing some sort of food.

Where are you guys
Bruce

The "details" are more or less directions. The meet is on as of right now. Hopefully, we'll see a good turnout although right now its not looking as promising..im going no matter what..come on guys..any questions..PM me...or IM me @ KaptainKyle7

ohh yeah an if anyone has or can get a red silicone hose kit and red wireloom for a pro5 i will pay you when i get there... just pm me with the price so i know how much to bring

Yo, I'll be comin'! I don't really have any picnic/BBQ/grill supplies of my own, but I'll bring some fresh Russian food (some salads, some marinated mushrooms) mebbe :)

sweet can we maybe get an offical sign up list, with the persons name, and car type. that way we have a clue as to whome will be attending, also a food sign up list would be good. just some thoughts, its only 2 weeks away.

Back