bad vibrations first thing in the morning

bigwilly

i have a 02 p5 and i have a problem first thing in the morning when i start off in first gear it feels like my moter is going to fall out of the bottom . the feeling is almost like letting the clutch out slowly with it 2nd gear and it starts to shake.. the other bad thing about it it goes away after it warms up. so when i drive to the dealers it goes away. does any body else have this problem??:wtf:

there's a thread talking about this problem...there is a TSB for it, so your dealer will fix it if you want, but it is NOT harmfull at all.

What you are describing sounds like clutch chatter, not the cold start rattle, and there is a tsb for it. The dealer will have to verify the problem first. Drop your car off at the dealer the night before so that the car is cold when they take it for the test drive, just make sure you go with them and drive the car so that you can make sure they feel the chatter. If it is the clucth chatter issue, they will resurface the flywheel and install a new clutch and pressure plate. It IS harmful to your car's driveline so get it fixed sooner than later. ( the cold start rattle is different and occurs in any gear with the clutch fully released between 2000 and 3000 rpm when your coolant is below 169 degrees and is not harmful to your car but there is also a tsb for that as well)

Where are you fellas finding these TSBs? I went to alldata.com and they have nothing on the 2003 Mazda cars. I wouldn't imagine a TSB on the 2002 model would suffice...

the clutch fix was good... but after that my tranny grinds into 2nd when cold... very bad. and also the spring of the clutch keeps clicking when I press the clutch pedal... very annoying.... so beware that things could be worse later...

Back