Fuse compartment cover

Joe M

I've had my 6s for about 2 months and I've knocked the cover off of the fuse compartment at least twice a week. This may be one of the most dumb placements for a compartment that I've ever seen on a car. Has anyone else had this problem or am I just too wild with my left foot????

Nope, I suffer from the problem. I have even made it a point not to touch the damn thing, and it still always falls off! BTW do you have the All-Weather Floor Mats? I do, and was starting to wonder if they were moving and slowly knocking it loose...

I don't have a clue as to what all-weather floor matts are. I'm like you, I deliberately try not to get near the thing and it still falls off a couple of times a week. I'm about ready to get out the duct tape.....;) Thanks for your reply, at least I know I'm not the only one......:)

The all-weather floor mats are the big rubber mats that go over the regular carpet ones... They are pretty thick on top of the carpet ones and sit pretty close to the fuse cover.

1st MP3 in NH said:
I assume you mean the cover in the car not under the hood?

Didn't you hear about the latest trend!? Putting your floor mats under your hood reduces the noise level tremendously, plus your engine never gets dirty. :)

No kidding aside, inside my wheel wells, there is a carpet type material. It is the weirdest damn thing...

So your telling my I need to ditch the factory kick panels and make custom speaker pods?

Well if you insist (thumb)

1st MP3 in NH said:
So your telling my I need to ditch the factory kick panels and make custom speaker pods?

Well if you insist (thumb)

If you don't mind relocating your fuse panel, have at it. :D

Mazdaspeed6S said:

If you don't mind relocating your fuse panel, have at it. :D

(rofl)

You know not to whom you speak!!!!!

Current kick panel in bondo stage:
left%20kick.jpg

First kick panels that did not remove the fuse box:
left%20far.jpg

My MX-6 kick panes:
left%20kick.jpg

All of these cars had fuse boxes in the same spot.

Damn it! I just accidently deleted my current kick panel pic!!
Oh well now that its done. I need a new pic any ways :D.

Are you going to mount the kick panels in the car? Or mold them into to the kick panel? If you are you are just going to mount them to the floor then no big deal to remove them in case a fuse a blows. I thought you meant that you were going to mold them into the vehicle... :D

I do mold them into the vehical but first I move the fuse box. I make the panels removable but in 3 years of having kick panels I have never blown a fuse so I don't worry about that.

What are the biggest size that you think you can fit in the kicks in the 6? I have really considered doing Image Dynamics Horns & IDQ 8's in the kicks. I have yet to really dig into it though...

I never got a good look at the kicks.
8's will be tuff but anything is posbile. I don't think I could fit them in the protege.

1st MP3 in NH said:
I never got a good look at the kicks.
8's will be tuff but anything is posbile. I don't think I could fit them in the protege.

I am going to take a better look when I install my alarm & amp next week. I will let you know what I find out if you would like...

Kick panel area. Under the dash or of some of the alarm install would be nice too.

I will do my best "How-To" on the Alarm Install, Amp & Sub Install Integrated in w/ the Bose System, and the custom Hyper-Ground System in the 6s with all the Ground Points marked clearly as possible. Hopefully all three will get done soon. :D

Back