Re Hesitation/stumble issue

bitsmaker

I have a few thoughts regarding the hesistation/stumble issue. If my understanding is correct, MSPs are equipped with MAFs. Generally turbo cars with MAFs need re-circulating valves that do not vent compressed air to the atmosphere but instead send it to the front of the compressor side of the turbo. What if this re-cirulating valve in our MSPs is either of bad quality or is mismatched to the turbo? What if it is sticky (due to a bad spring) and does not re-circulate well in which case the compressed air can end up close to the MAF causing the MAF to send wrong readings, thus increasing the fuel for the increased air flow that is not there due the the bad reading on the MAF. This may cause the MSP to stumble/hesistate as there is too much fuel and not proportionate enough air.

Again, these are my thoughts and I am not sure of the above. I am not even a trained car technician. The above is based solely on my 'enthusiastic' readings and it could be completely wrong. If so, please feel free to correct the above

Back