Walbro 255 LPH In-Tank Fuel Pump is in.

GOTZOOM?

Fast Shiftin' MoFo
:
Turbo P5
Just got it in. Little bit of modification, but none worse than usual with Walbro install. Car stumbled on initial start up, but after about five minutes, computer must of compensated, and I now have a smooth 750 RPM idle. As with all Walbro's, pump noise is present, but at cruising speed, can't be heard over engine noise, ie. engine is louder. Fuel pressure gauge was reading 35PSI at Idle, now reads 40. Won't change much from stock without AFPR, or FMU as some of you call it. But when I get the Turbo and Microtech in, thats where it will count.

It is running rich, air/fuel meter is staying at 1.03, hope the microtech straightens that out.

Last edited:
Oh, I understand now. They accually display the accual output voltage from the O2 sensor.

That kinda sucks...i figured it would be smart enough to output your a:f ratio.

Kooldino said:
That kinda sucks...i figured it would be smart enough to output your a:f ratio.

Yeah. it would be cool if it showed the actual ratio. I guess you would have to have an actual microchip in there for it to do the conversion automatically. Its still better than flashing lights blinking back and forth though.

Come to think of it, I received a survey from Nordskog on how they can better their service and products. Maybe I will email them back and suggest one that actually shows the ratio.

For those who don't know, Nordskog is a longtime gauge supplier for boat manufactors. Nordskog his self was a champion boat racer back in the 60's. They have recently started offering gauges for the automotive industry.

Last edited:
where'd you get this pump, and for how much if you dont mind me asking? I've been looking for some intank pumps for a while, trying to find the best price. Need it for the "mad crazy boost" it will run w/ the microtech heh.

Ordered it from www.lightningmotorsports.com

It was $109 with free shipping. Just order the 94-97 Miata 255 LPH HP.

If you need help putting it in, I have some pics of how I mounted it. Had to do a little cutting with the dremel. Don't use the supplied fuel screen, it mounts on the wrong way. So if you want a new screen, you need to get one from auto zone.

DAMN! I just saw something, if you scroll to the bottom on the fuel pump page, they have just the pumps for $100, you'll need the the GSS342. Could of saved myself $9 whopping bucks.

Last edited:
Back