Factory alarm problem after new alarm install

slenser

Contributor
:
06 6s 5 speed
I had my Audiovox 2-way installed on Monday. Today, for no reason, the stock alarm (if you call it that) started going off while sitting in my driveway. I had to get out my old keyless entry key fob to shut it off. I didn't think I would have to worry about something like that. I just figured it was disabled when the new alarm was installed.

Any ideas as to what happened and how to keep it from happening again?

Thanks,
Sam

Yeah tell the ass masters to uninstall it like they should have. Or atleast bypass it.

Well, I think I'll have to take it back to them on Monday anyway. I've got massive bubbles on the front windows' tint (they said it would bake out). Overall, I'm not really impressed with their work.

Thanks,
Sam

Edit:

Just in case they don't know what they are doing....How would I bypass it?

Just cut the bastard out. You still have your keyless entry from the new remote right?

I'm always leary of any shop that combines multiple "specialties" such as alarm installs and window tint. Sounds like they did a hack job on your tint and your alarm. Tint normally will have a few small water bubbles that will evaporate after a few days when the adhesive cures. There should not be any "huge" bubbles. If there are huge bubbles, they may not have heat shrunk the window film properly before applying it. When I had my protege, it needed a slight amount of heat shrinking for the tint to adhere nicely. Good luck.

Yeah, I have learned my lesson not to go back to them again.

Now, the factory keyless entry/alarm stuff. Where do I disable that? It's not a real alarm, but what all keyless entry vehicles come with nowadays. Certain wires I need to clip or something?

Thanks for helping,
Sam

The factory keyless doesn't need to be disabled. The factory alarm needs to be removed.

I guess I'm somewhat confused as what to call it. I guess it is an alarm that these things come with. Just to clarify, it isn't the optional factory alarm that I could have had installed. I'm taking it back tomorrow anyway. They better not even think about trying to charge me for this crap. I already paid a buttload for the install.

Just so you all know. If you aren't going to install the alarm yourself, you might as well buy it from wherever installs them. I ended up paying more for the damn thing after thinking I got a deal off of ebay.

Thanks for your help, MP3.

Sam

Sorry to not be help enough.
Before throwing it at them give them a change to do it right for free. Unless they have already refused.

If I could get my hands on an MSP for an afternnon I could find the dmn thing and tell you how o get it out of there.

Yeah, in the sedans the factory keyless module is under the rear deck, but i'm not sure where it is in a P5. Its a little box about 2 inches by 2 inches and says Naldec on it.

Back