2003 Mp5

threeer

Hey, MP5'ers...just test drove a 2003 MP5...love the handling and style...would have to work on the power down the road. Anyhow...question is this...sticker showed well over $18,000, but dealer was immediately offering a price of $14,400 (cloth, 5 speed, sunroof/CD package)...as this is the last year for the MP5, should I expect a better price? Help...all I can do is sit here at work and daydream about a crisp Sunday morning with the sunroof open in my (potentially) new MP5!

DUDE!
If it was not used at all that is a steel!
s***, I am going to buy it if you'r not!
The private sale on a 1 year old P5 is almost that!

well, I was blown away when he said $14,400 for a 2003 MP5...I kept asking him if that was really for a new Protege5..and not used. He actually wrote that number down...$14,488 for a cloth 5 speed with the sunroof/CD...and it's taking everything I have not to run down there and get the damn thing...

Why, its a great car, go enjoy it.
Some things to look for:
If there is factory tweeters up in the sides by the rear view mirriors then the car is a 2003.5. Otherwise its the 2003 which might explain the price but other then terible factory tweeters there is no real difference worth worring about.
The Mazda 3 will be out in about 5 months and with alot of P5s on the lot the dealer may just need to dump some quick.
Also do a search for the dealers name and make sure they haven't been know to do shaddy things in the past.

KYREDP5 said:
Um, actually 2002.5 and up have the factory tweeters.

Ah, thats what I ment, sorry about that.
Just wanted to be sure he wasn't getting a 2002.

Does that price include all the factory rebates and incentives? Mazda is currently offering $2,250 cash back or 0.0% APR for 60-months on all Protege5s.

To give you an indication, the sticker on my P5 was $19500 and I walked out with it for $15400 + tax/title/license. However that price included s-plan pricing, college grad and factory rebate.

would assume that includes all applicable rebates, etc...that, and I noticed yours is an automatic, since I'm considering the 5 speed, that knocks off a bit from your 15400 price. I was quoted 13900 without sunroof/CD, but I gotta have my sliding top

dude for that price go for it, and for the 2003.5 guys look in the trunk and if u see a subwoofer in the middle of the spare then its a 2003.5 and thats what i have and i love it a, nd wont go back to a honda

DUDE YOU'RE GETTIN' A P5 !! (in my best cornball Dell rep voice)

sounds like a great deal to me!!

threeer said:
would assume that includes all applicable rebates, etc...that, and I noticed yours is an automatic, since I'm considering the 5 speed, that knocks off a bit from your 15400 price. I was quoted 13900 without sunroof/CD, but I gotta have my sliding top

Indeed, figure that the automatic option tacks on about $800 and the roof/cd tacks on another $600. Mine also had abs.

that would account for the higher price...I almost fell over when he said 14400...hell, the (gasp) 1999 minivan I'm driving now I still owe more than that on, and it's already a four year old vehicle.

buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

that, my friend, is an a-******-mazing deal

if I can get confirmation tomorrow from the guy I was talking to that the 14400 is for a 2003 MP5 as I asked for, then I most likely will. I mean, a new car for less than a four year old one? And I really don't like being seen in the Hoover, er, minivan...:rolleyes:

Sounds good to me

I got my 03 for $17,100 (leather & automatic.) This was in October of last year.... I felt it was a psuedo fair price.

Do it! :D

to make it even sweeter, I just found out my company has a rebate program with Ford, since we are a supplier to them...maybe can knock off a few more bucks? hehehe:D

Back