what is the max whee/tire size allow..?

S

S4TT

I am used to driving with tire size 225/40/18, and I am having a hard time adjusting to the smaller tire size.

I am killing the original tires...!!
What max. wheel/tire size can be put under our P5?
Thanks..!!

Originally posted by mazdaspeed19:
<STRONG>ok what kind of tire comes in 195/30R18?</STRONG>

Answer: None.

Anything below a 40 is gonna rub like hell.

i hate to burst redline 2k bubble but there is no tire size in 18" below 215/35/18....and trust me rollin on a tire that small is dangerous my ex roommate had toyo 215/35/18 on his slammed civic rubbed like a b****...he was blowin front tires every couple of months......so just admit it hey there on 13" but you keep em clean

Umm if I'm not mistaken a 35 series tire is smaller in diameter than a 40. What are you guys talking about? In the number 195/35/18 the second number a percentage/ratio of the wheel radius. So how could a 40 be smaller than a 35?

Originally posted by <Sweedenhouse>:
<STRONG>Umm if I'm not mistaken a 35 series tire is smaller in diameter than a 40. What are you guys talking about? In the number 195/35/18 the second number a percentage/ratio of the wheel radius. So how could a 40 be smaller than a 35?</STRONG>

You're right about the size
check this site to compare the tire sizes. http://pw1.netcom.com/~sgalaba/tiresize.htm#ustires

Thank you I thought I was right. Sorry, Sweedenhouse is one of my other aliases. Forgot to login and stuff. But hell yeah there is no freakin way that a 40 series tire is gonna rub more than a 35 series. Damn

Originally posted by <Sweedenhouse>:
<STRONG>Umm if I'm not mistaken a 35 series tire is smaller in diameter than a 40. What are you guys talking about? In the number 195/35/18 the second number a percentage/ratio of the wheel radius. So how could a 40 be smaller than a 35?</STRONG>

Lol. My bad. Thanks for clearing it up :D

Holy s*** dude, I'm sorry for being rude, but how the Hell can your profile thingy in the side there say P5 expert, when a) you don't even own one, b) you have some of the worst, most unfeasible ideas for mods, c) you have some of the most insignificant specs listed, such as the % of your tint. Who gives a s***? And finally d)You don't even know the f*ckin difference between a 40 series and 35 series tire.

Godamn, oh wait, I think understand why now. Your information says your from Canada. Nevermind then sorry.

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Asshole Andy Armageddon ]

Het man, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or pissed a mod off. But dammit man, I'm doing you a favor. Me being rude to you here in "cyberspace" will possibly help save you from futeur humiliation in real life. Honestly I only mean good, even if it seems like I'm a dick. I mean come on, if you tell someone you got iridescent lights or shved door handles, or different percentages of tint on your winodws, people aren't gonna be like "WOW REALLY?". They're gonna be more like "Wow dude, who gives a s***", unless they are people who don't care about you. If they don't care about you then they won't be honest. Instead they will tell you something you would rather hear even if it isn't the truth because it makes you feel better about yourself. So um well, I forget my point, so peace out. Don't be pissed dude. Just think about what I said with an open mind.

What the **** is your problem?

What did I do to you?

It says P5 expert just cause that is what the forum defaults it to when you make so many posts. It's not my claim or anything.

You got some serious problems dude. And if you don't like my mods list or future mods list than don't ******* look at it.

And what the hell does my being from Canada have to do with anything? That's pretty prejudice of you.

I could understand if I did something to you first. But I didn't. And to think that I even thanked you for pointing out my error.

And why the **** wouldn't I be pissed after you s*** on me like that for no reason? Grow up.

And what the **** is so unfeasible about my future mods?????

As for including the percent of my tint. Maybe some people are looking into tint and from my pictures they can see what certain percentages will look like.

And as for this part : "Het man, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or pissed a mod off. But dammit man, I'm doing you a favor. Me being rude to you here in "cyberspace" will possibly help save you from futeur humiliation in real life. Honestly I only mean good, even if it seems like I'm a dick."

I've got no problems in life. But it seems to me that you got some big self-esteem problems to be shitting on me for no reason like this.

Yeah I'm sorry, perhaps I was a bit harsh (heh understatement after sobering up and reading that). My bad I was a little drunk and just got done watching some WWF. My apologizes are extended. Ya know ya get a little acohol and some testoteron filled entertainment. Don't drink and post.

yeah wtf is up with that...especially that comment about Canada..that was uncalled for...I'm not even go to say any more on this...pure rubbish

Originally posted by Asshole Andy Armageddon:
<STRONG>But hell yeah there is no freakin way that a 40 series tire is gonna rub more than a 35 series. Damn</STRONG>

Um, I still think you don't understand... the sidewall on a a 40 series is thicker, therfore, it WILL rub more than a 35 series.

Back