My lights won't turn off- HELP

For_Mica

Hey everyone,

So I got in my car this evening and there was a steady beep noise like when you get out of the car without turning off the lights. Anyway, I clicked my remote on or off a few times and everthing was fine.

When I got home I got out, activated the alarm and my tail and parking lights didn't turn off. Of course I've tried deactivating and activating the alarm with both remotes that came from the factory.

I've tried opening and closing all the doors also with no luck. Any suggestions? Maybe I should try and find the fuse or just disconnect the battery until morning.

Thanks
:wtf:

My alarm did the same thing and there's even a thread from another person on here and he experienced the same problems. My dealership ordered a new alarm box but it was going to take five days to get here, so I've "borrowed" OrangeMSP's alarm brain since he wasn't using it.

I *just* got finished switching the units out and the "new" brain does not leave my parking lights on.

What kind of POS alarm did they wire tie in the damn car anyways?

Just says "Mazda Security System" or something on the label. I haven't taken it too apart (other than to play with the dip switches) so I don't know of the vendor. OrangeMSP said it looked like a CodeAlarm, I believe.

I'm calling my dealer first thing in the morning. For now though, I just yanked the 15A fuse for the tail/parking lights to save my juice.

(thumb)
SOunds like this is becoming a common failer of these alarms.

Come on up and get a good DEI or clifford peice :D

He he -- lets see the damn dealership say "that's a characteristic of the car" on this problem!

oh no if you replace the alarm you void the warranty on every electrical component in the car! they all use 12V SO THEY MUST BE CONNECTED (freak3)

His dealers in Mass so they have to argue that against me if needed :D

that's one concern I have with putting in my compustar actually. There are no compustar dealers here, so their technically is no trained "compustar" people to put it in. So, lets say I get joe next door to do it, and I have troubles with the car.....then what?

I might sell the thing yet. It's been sitting in my closet for 2 months now, just waiting for the speed, and now I'm not sure if I want to go through the hassle of installing it. I'm scared to do it myself.

Is it something that I can say.....hook up the starter one evening, drive it the next day, maybe hook another part of it up another night and so on? Because if so, I don't really care how long it would take to put in.

Should really ask this in the other thread.....don't kill me 1st mp3!

Give yourself a full weekend to get it going.
Most of the connection aren't bad. If anything hook up the alarm first then the remote starter peice alwthough its easier to do both at once.

Read the manual and get to understand it. Most installer don't.

Back