1997 mazda protege 1.5L

psycotic

i have a 1997 mazda protege (1.5L i believe) im looking for any kinda of performance parts like cold air intakes, ram intakes, ecu upgrades, headers, turbo kits, exhausts, anything. i just need more horsepower. can anyone tell me the items that would be cheapest but still offer a performance boost and a link to where i could find em? any help is greatly appreciated

I imagine it would be very hard, short of custom fabrication, to find anything for the 1.5 liter. The trend currently on the Protege is towards the 2.0, with a just a little support for the 1.8. Try eBay, best of luck to you.

UGH

damn thatd be an expensive thing to do maybe ill just trade my proto in for a newer one that you can actually FIND parts for

There are Pacesetter headers and ehaust full Catback for the 1.5. Umm u can do custom exhaust at any exhaust place. you can get a(n) OBX High FLow Cat while ur doin the Custom Exhaust. Umm Performance Plug wires arnt that big of a deal.

If your lookin for some more speed id go get a custom 1.75-2'' exhaust, cut out the resonator(presilencer), do the Highflow Cat, And a Turbo Stlye or some other Straight through design muffler. (ie Flomaster, Turbo, Magnaflow) try not to use 3racing or APC. they arnt that good , more of soundnot performance.:) And An intake will give u a hp or 2, but will just make the exhaust and car sound louder. do a K&N filter for ur stock airbox or for the aftermarket Cone Style. IF u need an more help just email me or msg me on AOL Psxboy99.... Glad to help if i can

sorry to be a pain in the ass mod, but this thread belongs in the performance section, let alone im not sure why it was posted in the p5 forum being that its a 97 1.5l

Back