Does adding a Injen Cold Air Intake Void Factory Warranty

According to magnusson's law, we're free to "personalize" our cars any way we wish ... although, after speaking with the local service guy at my dealer , the mentality that usually accompanies Aftermarket parts and warranties goes as follows:

If an aftermarket part can in any way be pointed to as being a contributor to any damage that you want to claim warranty service on, it WILL be pointed to ... with no hesitation

something as simple as Lowering will theoretically be grounds for voiding any warranty work on
Suspension
Steering system
loose bolts
cracked windows
anything becoming loose

all because they can say that the rougher ride "contributed" to it

sucks, don't it ?

it sure put a damper on a lot of my plans ....

if you have a problem it takes 10 mins to put stock air box back
shhhhhh and they'll never know

maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, i dunno... what I do know is this; it will take u about 30 to 45 mins to install. As such, it should take about the same amount of time to return it to stock. So save the stock box. & unless u go to the dealer once a week, this shouldn't be that big of a deal. There are a lot of mods u can do (such as a MBC) that can just be removed easily b4 u take it in for service.

too bad I'm not a gear-head and can't do these quick switch-outs ...

anyone wanna be my contract mechanic ? lol

Your dealer sounds cool then...mine bitched about my turbo timer...dickheads...

mazdaspeed Mike said:

yes. you are doomed....(blowup) :D

Yes I agree...doomed to a life of swapping the CAI for the stock airbox anytime you go to the dealer....if they are a prick....

mine loves the fact that I am modding my p5 infact they even give me free s*** for going to the shows all the time they want me to recommend their dealership .. shrugs.. it is even getting me a deal on an rx8 .. word

Back