• Yes, I have or have had the issue

Votes: 126 93.3%
  • No, My MSP is good to go.

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters

boostisgood

:
1988 FC3S TII
This thread is to establish a baseline number of people on this board that have had the stumble/hesitation issue. Wether it is gone now, or not. please mark yes, i have had the issue.

Also, if you visit another protege board, please post a link to this thread there. I dont want to have 40 million different sources of info, so having everyone do it here is the most efficient way.

I am gathering this information to pass along to a reputable enthusiast magazine. From there, Ill see what I can do about getting the information out at any shows Im attending, or Judging. (being a judge, I know, and will meet alot of people who can also spread the word)

This is in an effort to have our twenty thousand, enthusiast driven and purchaced vehicle to OPERATE PROPERLY, and give us our smiles we soooooo badly desire. Again, Mazda needs to remember, the MSP is a great car, enthusiast purchased car, and it is us, the current owners, who can truly ruin the sale of any future cars, unless our issue is fixed.

EDIT:Guys, keep your posts clean here. I will be directing the Media to this thread. :D

Last edited:
I put in my vote. Mazda SHOULD definitely fix the thing because it takes no new parts to flash an ECU! So it's a cheap fix. And EASY too since all they have to do is GIVE IT LESS GAS!
|
|-> There's the fix Mazda. Now get to work.

Forget High ambient temps...70-80 degF is more than crappy enough! Thanks for setting this up, BiG...hopefully this will get our point across to MNAO: We're consumers and we're tuners, and neither half is happy (entirely)!

Yep, can't remember exactly when I started to notice the hesitation, but it wasn't any later than the beginning of April (though in CT, April has produced the hottest day of the year yet).

I get the hesitation in cold or warm weather, but it is definately more pronounced in the warmer weather.

I've had my dealer address the hesitation (and clunk) on 3 different occasions, and have even had a lengthly conversation with the District Customer Service Manager (last week). Being told anywhere from, "Mazda is aware of the situation and is working on a fix" to "Mazda isn't sure if it's actually a problem, but wrather a characteristic of the car"....tell me, since when is it a characteristic of any new car to hesitate and stumble?:mad:

Please fix my car!

Last edited:
Keep em coming guys. This is extremly important. We are trying to get a MAJOR NATIONAL MEDIA SOURCE to voice our consernes (sp) here. I will also be sending this information to Mazda, as a courtesy, about our intentions :D

Im telling ya the net is a great thing :D

BTW MODS MAKE THIS A STICKY PLEASE :D

ALong with that, I will be placing my "phone call" on Friday, and will need a volunteer, with the hesitation, close to Placentia, CA. You will need to be willing to let an editor drive your car, to witness firsthand, the hesitation. I dont know how long they will need your car, Im sure it would only need to be for a day maybe, but it will benefit us greatly.

:wtf:

Does the Joe P's FPR solve the problem ?

For those of you who have a FPR, does it runs properly under high temperatures ?

You have my signature on this pettition, the hesitation has to be fixed along with the clunk, for those of us lucky souls that have it.

There are currently 132 msp owners on this site according to prod. #'s. This is a good start for a complaint, but I'm sure that at least 1500 msp's have been sold by now. Anyone know of any other ways to get the word out to people who are not on this forum?

hmmm.... does this only apply to MSPs ? because I noticed a lack of power in the 4K+ area of 2nd gear in my P5 as well ....

505zoom said:
There are currently 132 msp owners on this site according to prod. #'s. This is a good start for a complaint, but I'm sure that at least 1500 msp's have been sold by now. Anyone know of any other ways to get the word out to people who are not on this forum?

There's more than that.... Some of us (OK, maybe just ME) are paranoid enuff that we're keeping ours to ourselves....

my dealer blamed turbo lag....talking to my sales guy who sold the other MSP, the customer came back with the same issue as me.....turbo lag...yeah right

get a boost gauge and show them its fully spoolin when it stumbles...

Last edited:
Ok guys, can we have our threads cleaned up a little :D The Media will be directed to this thread. :D Also mods, anytime your ready to make this a sticky, feel free to. (THAT MEANS NOW) :D

Back