Sirius Satellite Radio for Free!

StlMSP

I just bought my MSP last week and there was a card in it that said:

Call 888-999-4551 for your free sirius system*

Tune your stereo to 100 streams of satellite radio.

Your Kenwood stereo was specifically designed to receive Sirius.
Now all you need is to call and order your FREE Sirius tuner and antenna. Mension that you're a Mazdaspeed owner when calling.

*One year subscription commitment and hardware installation required. Additional terms and conditions apply.

So, I called the number and they said I had to pay for shipping ($20.00) and had to get it installed myself. I asked if I can do the install and they said yes, but that it had to be activated within 2 months. It's a place called:

=============================================
American Satellite & Entertainment, Inc. Phone: (888) 999-7331
40-A Terrill Park Drive Fax: (603) 228-9805
Concord, NH 03301 E-mail: sales@AmericanSatellite.com

now all I have to do is stay activated at $12.95 a month for 12 months and thats it. They never asked when i bought my MSP or anything, just that I pay for shipping and the normal monthly rate for a year. Its better than $250.00 for a tuner and antenna. They also said that the unit will be here in 3-5 days. I hope this helps everyone. I love free(headbang)

Mike

StlMSP said:
I just bought my MSP last week and there was a card in it that said:

Call 888-999-4551 for your free sirius system*

Tune your stereo to 100 streams of satellite radio.

Your Kenwood stereo was specifically designed to receive Sirius.
Now all you need is to call and order your FREE Sirius tuner and antenna. Mension that you're a Mazdaspeed owner when calling.

*One year subscription commitment and hardware installation required. Additional terms and conditions apply.

So, I called the number and they said I had to pay for shipping ($20.00) and had to get it installed myself. I asked if I can do the install and they said yes, but that it had to be activated within 2 months. It's a place called:

American Satellite & Entertainment, Inc. Phone: (888) 999-7331
40-A Terrill Park Drive Fax: (603) 228-9805
Concord, NH 03301 E-mail: sales@AmericanSatellite.com

now all I have to do is stay activated at $12.95 a month for 12 months and thats it. They never asked when i bought my MSP or anything, just that I pay for shipping and the normal monthly rate for a year. Its better than $250.00 for a tuner and antenna. They also said that the unit will be here in 3-5 days. I hope this helps everyone. I love free(headbang)

Mike

Doesn't sound so free to me :)

I got my system from Amercan Satellite like 1.5 months ago and it was "FREE"!You shouldn't have to pay for shipping,I didn't ,It was free!You do have to sign up for a year of service(no biggie)but it's not a lot of money!I've had mine in for about a month now and I haven't turned on the regular radio or popped in a CD since!I love it!I payed for my one year up front and you get a month of free service!(pay for 11 and get 12)!Sirius also tried to charge me for an activation fee of 15 dollars and I told them i didn't like that fee and they immediately removed the fee!I paid 142.45 for a whole system ,a year of service and activation!The 142.45 was just for the service.I think this is a good deal seeing how the receiver and tuner are valued at right around 220 just for the equipment!This was a "no brainer" for my decision to get it .
Lata,Matt:D

I had got one also and shipping was free. I sent that s*** back though cause the antenna was ugly as ****. SHIPPING IS FREE

The antenna is a standard kenwood antenna(yes its ugly)but i mounted mine on the rear deck and I have very little problems with reception!As for the system and deal ,I have no complaints for a measly $143 for equipment and a whole year of service!
Highly recomended from me!
Matt

I didn't. I just said that I bought a MSP and they didn't ? me about the car. I just told them that I have a paper that says I can get the unit for free.

That's it.

You guys suck. I only got a $75 Sirius rebate with my 2003 MSP. I love Sirius and hardly ever use the regular radio anymore.

I also mounted my antenna on the rear deck because a big black antenna on my orange car looks like crap.

Don't confuse Sirius with XM Radio. XM is a competing service. XM only costs $9.99 a month, but has commercials, and does not work with the included head unit unless you add an external tuner.

Only the kenwood stereo in the 2003 and 2003.5 MSP's have built in Sirius support. You can add Sirius or XM to any car however, but you have to mount a reciever on the dash.

I don't think I could ever pay for radio.

Of course, I'm in Canada so the arguement is moot. We don't get it.

Ya its hard to say "why pay for radio" but often times the radio stations in some areas just suck!
Had XM radio for half a year and loved the stations variety. It is that variety that makes it nice ot have, plus ability to get the same stations just about everywhere. Plus news and even some TV broadcasts.
Plus Sirius has a module to detach from your car and take it inside so you get the same functionality.

Guess depends on what you are looking for in a radio station and the type in your area.

i said i would never pay for radio that it was the dumbest thing i had ever heard of but....

im considering it.

Are there NO reception issues with it being mounted on the back deck? What about going through tunnels, or under tree branches or something? Seems to be if a tree branch gets in the way of our satellite TV we are f00ked and im probably driving under overhanging branches out ehre in the sticks at least 50% of the time

Going through a little tunnel I lose NO reception, when I go through the LONG ass tunnels here in Pittsburgh, I do lose reception. No biggie though, I dont mind it.

I also dont mind paying for it, I have yet to buy a CD brun a cd or even listen to the regualr radio since I got mine.

I look at it this way, it costs me the same as one new CD a month, but I get a limitless variety of new music to listen to, instead of the same CD over and over again. I can, and do burn MP3 CD's from my music collection, but again, these are songs I already have, and aren't exposing me to anything new. Lastly, the radio stations around Chicago are seriously pissing me off. I get more commercials than music, and I'm tired of the same 10 songs...

There will be a new low-profile antenna coming out real soon. I think it can be painted to match the car color as well.

People pay for cable and broadcast tv is free! Right? Siruis is great I never listen to reg radio any more. Speedchannel radio Espn and tons of music!!!

Iv'e had XM-Radio for the last year and a half and loved it. I just listened to the uncensored stand up comedy station and it was the best. I hope sirius comedy station is as good. My tuner will be in today and will be installed during my lunch hour. Also try to get off the air radio uncensored.

Mike

Back