How to remove cigarette lighter adapter and dome light?

Bijou-MP5

Contributor
:
2010 Mazda3 S Hatch
I wanted to hook up some interior neons on my car, but my hands couldn't reach inside of cigarette lighter adapter.
so I was thinking to pull out cigarette lighter adapter but I coudn't figure out how....
and one more question, I wanted to hook up my radar dectotor using power source from dome lights above rearview mirror, but this one also I coudn't figure out how to pull out...
help~

I think this may help you, let me know if you need more help.

Attachments

• cigarette_lighter.jpg
    cigarette_lighter.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 2,758
i wouldn't recomend tapping into the cigarette plug to power more than one or 2 neons. if you add a cell phone charger to it you will probably blow the fuse. i connected my interior neons through my dome light, so when the doors open, they light up:D or when i flip the switch.

got wake? said:
i wouldn't recomend tapping into the cigarette plug to power more than one or 2 neons. if you add a cell phone charger to it you will probably blow the fuse. i connected my interior neons through my dome light, so when the doors open, they light up:D or when i flip the switch.

how did you hide wires though?

Bijou-MP5 said:

how did you hide wires though?

ran them up the A-pillar then under the head liner. it's easier than it sounds, if you got the right equipment. you need a long skinny flexible shaft. long enough to go from the edge of your headliner to the dome light. there are 2 wires up there for the dome light, but i didn't use either. i soldered the wires from the neons to the tabs that hold the dome light in and left the light out. haven't had a single problem in the year or so i've had it like that;)

Bijou-MP5 said:
thanks bunch...now I need to figure it out when and tools :)

For running wires a large HVAC wire hose tie is the best as it is hard, flexibal and over 2 feet long.

1st MP3 in NH said:

For running wires a large HVAC wire hose tie is the best as it is hard, flexibal and over 2 feet long.
'

umm...what is large HVAC wire hose ?(uhm)

Back