Disabling the ABS DIE DIE DIE!

Go Mifune

I have some hate for the ABS. Mostly when I am doing AutoX. Not to mention the day I was pulling up to a stop light and about rear ended someone cause the F'ing ABS went off for no good reason(happens often usually on down hill stops).

But to the point.

I am going to pull the ABS fuse to disable it. Does anyone know of bad repercussions of this? Besides the stupid ABS light coming on.

I have 3 Options as I see it.

1) Disable it all the time. (I prefer that one)
2) Disable it just for AutoX
3) Leave it alone (DIE DIE DIE ABS)

Just running it through the collective knowledge before proceeding.

Thanks

you might wanna put the fuse back in for the winter. course i dont have abs on my mp3 and im surviving. its nice in the winter, crappy otherwise. pull the fuse when ever you want, lol just remember to pump the brakes during hard braking ;)

Hey I hate the ABS on my MSP too!I talked to the guys in service about disabling the ABS and asked if I could just pull the fuse and he said "yeah but the ABS light will come on"just as you have stated!I almost rear ended a damn car because of the damn ABS!When it comes on the car just wont stop!I know its there to keep the wheels from locking up but god damn "STOP CAR STOP!"I think i will be disabling the ABS all together.You could always put the power source for the ABS on a switch so you can flip it on or off when ever you want!Just a thought?

Very thankful ABS wasn't on my P5, I hate gawd awful ABS systems on such light cars. Its useless for the most part, even more so if you plan on racing it. A good driver with a learned foot can out brake most ABS situations and still have control of steering.

Though some ABS systems are coming along in development, I still have a high dislike for them.

I've noticed that in my mom's truck with its ABS
damn thing, when the ABS kicks in it shudders violent as hell and you have to literally stand on the break pedal to make it stop

I can deal with locking up my breaks, it should be optional to NOT have ABS on a car, ABS is for people who dont know how to drive when it is wet outside

Go Mifune said:
I have some hate for the ABS. Mostly when I am doing AutoX. Not to mention the day I was pulling up to a stop light and about rear ended someone cause the F'ing ABS went off for no good reason(happens often usually on down hill stops).

I thought I was the only one. I have 1200 miles on my MSP and ABS has kicked in twice. Both times, pulling off the road into a parking lot where I must have hit a little gravel at about 5mph. Thank God for ABS or I might have been seriously killed. :rolleyes:

I hit ABS CONSTANTLY when I autocross... it nearly caused my wife to piss herself when it went off on her at the finish last event.

Definately let me know how it goes when you pull that fuse. I was going to try the same thing for autox and just not tell anyone. I mean they'd have to be on the internet and reading this forum to catch me... crap.

Oh didn't think of that. I am not really up on my rules, but if I disable ABS that would take me out of D-Stock class?

Yeah you can't defeat your safety systems in the stock classes.

So boyscouts of america... please leave your farking fuse in. Too all of us who pushed the boyscouts of america into the mud yank that fuse out and keep it in a tiny little box with a white label ontop that reads "DAMN IT" on it.

everytime i pull into my driveway the abs goes off its usally when im at 2-5mph i have no idea why it does it but it pisses me off greatly i think i might do the switch idea to bypass it when i want to

You are welcome for the switch idea!
My car's ABS goes off all the time when coming to a slow stop and with the wheels slightly turned in either direction.We do have a lot of gravel on the road around here after the super harsh winter so that may be whats causing it but it still PISSES me off every time it goes off!

I know how to totaly remove it from the car but it is so involved it maynot be worth it .. its all in the front Cv shatfs ... there is a ring going around the spline housing that looks like a big gear with teeth and that is all it is and for any one who has ever engaged the ABS in snow or water will knwo what i mean when you hear that grinding noise it is the teeth trying to catch and engage but is slipping time to time ..so you could pop off the tire and break callipar, then rotor then the strut, then the housing which the rotor sits on and then at taht point take a little hammer and or somthing used as a tap (try brass since it is a softer metal and wont really damage anything else and start pinging it off it should come off with ease .... so there you have it ... lol

WTF!!!MP5Raycer!!!!

That ring you are referring to is a magnetic ABS sensor that lets the ABS system know when a wheel is beginning to lock up or has!It in no way actually stops the wheel from being in lock-up other than sending a signal!DO NOT,I REPEAT,DO NOT BREAK OR REMOVE THIS RING AS IT IS NOT THE WAY TO DISABLE THE ABS SYSTEM!The ABS sytem uses a pump to release the brake caliper (or drum if so equipped)On the wheel(s) that are locked up.The system is motor(electric)driven.I am not trying to flame you MP5Raycer but may I ask where did you get this wild idea from?:confused:

Well I tell you what ... calling it a Magnetic sensor is not wild????? I only got this wild idea since i worked for the worlds largest remanufacturing plant of Cv shafts adn drive shafts and I was in the tear down unit also rebuild and also product inspections as well and I worked there for 4 years ...so I have never ever heard it referred to as a magnetic sensor ..since there is nothing hooked to it at all it is just a ring on the spline housing when removed ..causes the ABS to not work ...again i was mearly mentioning it since I did it on my 1993 Prelude SI and it worked fine just as i stated above ..so if Mazda or the entire industry has changed it I am unaware of it but again I have not worked there for 3 yeard now

Maybe i mis-understood you but that gear is a magnetic sensor for the ABS.It rotates with the hub and the actual sensor is either right next to it or above it(depending on configuration)and sense the rotation of the wheels(or lack of it).Some one else please chime in here if I am wrong?

Back