Why is my damn ABS light on?

MP5driva03

:
1995 Subaru Impreza AWD Wagon
I sent the car in for her 22,500 mile check up yesterday, and they were also supposed to investigate why the hell my ABS light keeps coming on. When I hit about 80-85 mph, the little light blinks on for no apparent reason. This has only happened at this speed while on the interstate; I don't ever go even close to 80 mph when off the interstate. When I got the car back today, they blamed the light on one underinflated tire, and three overinflated ones. They said the the one new tire I got put on was only inflated to 35 psi, while the four old ones were inflated to 51 psi. Therefore, when I hit those kinda speeds, the car would sort of lean to the forward left, and this(somehow) triggered the ABS light.

On my way to school this morning, I was passing a truck when low-and-behold the ABS light blinks on. Same speed, same conditions as before, only this time, they said they fixed it. What the hell? Why does it keep doing this? Nothing seems to happen to the car, just the light blinks on and stays on until I turn off the car.

anybody got any advice? someone? ANYONE?

(taps on your monitor glass from the inside)

Is anyone out there?

check your break fluid. same thing happend in my moms old Bonneville. otherwise, no clue.

Was this happening before the accident???
You hit pretty hard and may as mention damage a sensor, knocked it loose etc.
But would think they have notice something like that when getting checked.

Gawd so glad I don't have ABS....

I've had a similar problem with my Mustang before. Stupid ABS light came on for no reason and wouldnt turn off till I shut off the car and restarted. I brought the car into Ford and they replaced the sensor for me. No problems since. Dunno if over/under inflating the tires have anything to do with it though. All of mine were inflated properly when it happened. I'm guessing that something like the sensor would be under warranty?

I would be very upset with Bill Britt if it does turn out to be low fluid. Think thay would be something they would check easily when he took it in.

Back