Loud, cheap sounding wiper motor

This is a minor detail, but has anyone noticed that the wiper motor on the P5 is very loud and cheap sounding? Also, my driver side wiper has always worked better than the passenger side one ever since I bought the car. I think it might have to do with how tight the spring is on the passenger side wiper arm.

I don't mind the noise, it doesn't really bother me cuz I usually crack up my stock stereo, and if I have my stereo off it's usually because I'm racing.... =P.

Aside from that the cheap part about our wipers is the fact that I can't adjust my intermit time on my wipers like the MPV...

Yes I've read and am planning to do the mod in the future, but wouldn't that be nice if our P5 just came with this feature in the first place?

couldn't agree more, the moment I learn of the 170-hp ZE engine in Sport20 Familia the momen I asked why Mazda bothered to develop another engine with whippy output for the US market? I mean come on, don't Japan has all those narrow twisty road that you can only go so fast on? Don't they realize we in the US actually have lanes that can fit two trucks going side by side? Don't they realize most of the state highways have boring straight that even if you fall asleep driving, as long as you keep the steering wheel straight you won't be going nowhere???

I just don't get how engineers think sometimes...

Some of it is also the emissions detuning needed for here. Sucks indeed.

Funny when you look at past cars MPG's that they are higher than some of todays engines. Ohh but we get lower emissions...Whoopy dooo, expect now we use more gas.

Back