flyin miata turbo on 02 protege es auto??

i just have a quick question to ask. i am seriously considering the flyin miata turbo for my 02 protege but my only problem is that it has an auto. im not sure if there have been problems with the auto transmission or what. if anyone has this turbo with an auto, have you had any problems with it??

i was looking as the same thing.. on my 02 auto p5.. i have been meaning to pm keith but maybe hell just answer in here and that will help more people out.. any ideas guys?

I have talked to Keith about it. I too have an auto. They need to work out some final details (possibly some changes to intercooler piping). I was planning on driving out to Colorado to have them do the install.

As for the auto handling the power. I don't think there will be any issues. But I am also trying to confirm this by getting the stats for the stock transmissions (i.e. how much HP they can handle).

One other thing I am considering is an auxillary transmission cooler. They are designed to cool the fluid by an additional 15 degrees or so. This will definitely help with the longevity of the transmission.

That's what I have so far.

Hi guys, I'm back in town.

There actually is one FP turbo car running around with a automatic. It's a bit of a one-off installation and Corky didn't make jigs for the pipes (why? I have no idea). There are some small differences in the IC routing. If we get the chance to install on dficken's car, we'll make two copies of all the pipes so that it will be an easily available setup when we're done.

I really don't know how the tranny will handle the power. The auxiliary cooler is very good insurance.

Keith

Back