Someoned use low beam to flash me when i drove my mp5 tonight

Pui

Someone used low beam headlight to flash me when i drove my mp5 tonight.
WTF? was he trying to say my headlight and foglight are too bright or what???????
Are they stupid, that kid was driving a toyota sienna.

There could have been a cop ahead, that saved me a few times... Do all your lights work, mabey he just loved the car ;)

I have had people flas me beofre too.... my neighbor thought that my high beams were on once.... only happens when my car (lenses) are sparkling clean.. i guess that the stock lights a re really that good ?!

all my lights work man, maybe he really love my car. He got a white sienna, maybe he wanted my white p5.

He was probablly tring to warn you and everyone around you about a nearby cop. Happened to me a few times. The first time I got "high beam flashed."

Thats my thought.

Later

Yeah that's weird because around here we normally do the following:

Night time - Turn low beams on and off to warn about a cop ahead. High beams if someone has their high beams on.

Day time - Flash high beams to warn about a cop.

mazdadan, that's a pretty cool system.

Yeah, our headlights are very good. There was a thread somewhere talking about some article that compared headlights for bunch of cars and the P5 was one of the few that hit the 600 ft? mark.

Some people do think that our regular beams are high beams, whenever I drive at night and see a car coming I'm always ready to flash them my high beams in case they flash me because they think I have mine on:D

I've noticed that when I'm driving with my high beams on, then I see a car coming and turn them off (which in effect, turns back on my fog lights), people flash me. Only once have I been flashed with my low beams and fogs on when I wasn't switching.

cbcbd said:

Yeah, our headlights are very good. There was a thread somewhere talking about some article that compared headlights for bunch of cars and the P5 was one of the few that hit the 600 ft? mark.

Yes, it was Consumer Reports magazine. I don't remember the exact issue, but I think it was within the last few months. Our cars apparently had the best lighting setup for the money and would hit the 600ft mark. Occasionally I get a driver who will flash me thinking that my high beams are on, so I just flash my high beams at them as proof! :cool:

The one thing I didn't like about the article is that it was biased toward halogen lighting and there was a lot of trash talking about cars with factory equipped HID headlights.

mazdadan said:
Yeah that's weird because around here we normally do the following:

Night time - Turn low beams on and off to warn about a cop ahead. High beams if someone has their high beams on.

Day time - Flash high beams to warn about a cop.

is this common sense? ...I used flahs to other driver's to warn about a cop, but not anymore. cop gets me first lol

speaking of flashing and all that light stuff.. I hate it when people drive around with their parking lights on , thinking they have their lights on... wait.. maybe thats what you did? (scratch) :)

I do too, but when i flip my highs on, they shut off...so the person coming at you thinks you turned your fogs on when you turn off your highs...get it?

Yeah, one of these days I'm going to rewire my fogs, so that they don't go off with the high beams...it's another one of those features that really annoys me.

no no, parking lights aren't the headlights or foglights, It's the yellow and amber lights around your car and also the tail lights. I always drive around with my amber lights on. I think it looks pretty cool. If I could throw my fogs on without my headlights I would do that too but I'm not that electrically inclined.

Bijou-MP5 said:

how do you do this??????????

There's not really a simple way to do this besides running new wiring from the fog light relay to the actual fog lights. Other people on the board have found easy ways to turn on the fog lights with the parking lights, but they still go off when you turn on the high beams.

ohh ohh, where's this easy way to turn them on with the parking lights? Please please tell me. I'll search some also. THanks.

Back