Stock wheels are expensive!

MP5driva03

:
1995 Subaru Impreza AWD Wagon
The thread on my accident

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME OUT!

I was wondering whether anyone was interested in buying stock MP5 wheels? The thread above talks about my wreck, and only one wheel was damaged. However, I just found out that one stock wheel for my car costs a whopping $409. After hearing this, I have decided to try buying new aftermarket wheels with the money that would be used to buy the stock wheel. The only problem is this: I am running low on cash, lol. So, I figure I could get 2 wheels with the insurance money, and have to cover the rest. Anyone interested in some MP5 wheels?

FYI:

MP5 wheels for a 2002 Mazda Protege5 come in three prices:
$207, $270, and $409. The only way to determine how much your wheels are worth is to take the wheels off and check out the serial numbers. Talk to a body shop about this, most know what to do.:eek:

sorry to hear about ur accident.
but lets get to the point.
No matter what the retail value of our stock wheel costs, once you drives it, it becomes used!!:'(
I know, it sounds bad ,but try to do some search on MP5 stock wheels for sale.
ppl with only 1000miles sell them under 400 for sets.
I got my polished stock wheels with 4000miles on them for 400 too.
just an idea. but who knows right? ;) good luck!!!:'(

I hear you...my car is in pain too.
GEICO won't pay me up...so I'm just waiting for my attorney to take this matter.
Wish me luck too.

I have to replace one wheels that some jackass did a hit and run on me. I got the same quote of $409 a wheel. You don't know what kind of numbers to look for? Scared to think what a polished wheel goes for :eek:

Sorry man rims are on the last of my to do list, otherwise you could have them free.
But this also teaches a important lesson: EVERYTHING at a dealer is more. Heck go check out the price for the stock radio, or the 6 change i have. You'll probably fall over dieing from it.

Good luck though

They have a polished for 200, in F'Burg somewhere.

Ahh I know this place, just off of Rt 1 near 17.
Might want to call them.

In the San Jose, a polished rim for a 2002 5 retails for $459!!!!!!!!Insanity!

I was looking for one because I developed a case of curb rash on one my rims. After hearing that price from my dealer, I just about sh*t! I mean, there was a Group Buy not too long ago for a set of 17" Rotas for $350!!!!!

After telling him no thanks, the parts manager told he would "cut me a break and sell me one for $420, mounted and balanced."
Yeah? Thanks! (pow) (moon)

When I was in Newark, NJ last year there was a Mazda dealer on some main highway that sold OEM rims for about $175.00/a piece and they were 2002.5 wheels.

- Brian

Ok here is my situation:
If I DO choose to try and go with aftermarket wheels, the insurance person will simply hand me $400, with which to buy new wheels. I have to cover the difference. So, I want to find wheels and tires for around $800. It's damn near impossible, for 17 inch wheels w/ tires. Oh well. If I'm wrong, somebody correct me. PLEASE!:confused:

how about spending extra 99$ more? because I know one site sells 17" with tires with free shipping TEnzoR. $899 shipped.

I have formatted my computer about week ago and I forgot to back up all my favorite links.
don't worry I will find it!!! for our memeber!!!

Back