$ to convert auto to manual transmission

cbcbd

...and it was all yellow
Contributor
:
02 P5
I never really thought about such a crazy idea, and could think of some things that would be done, but...

A friend of mine is wondering how much it would cost to change an Automatic tranny car to Manual?

Has anyone ever done that?

Any idea of how much $$$ it would cost?

I'm guessing a lot, but just wondering...

Well, on my truck, it would be just the cost of finding a good auto, since it was once and 1/2 ton full time four will drive with a three speed auto, and a 400 sb. Over the course of the last twenty year though, it has gone from that, to a parttime four wheel drive, with 3/4 ton axels, 4 speed manual tanny with two different 350sb.

Oh, well I guess it might not be as simple with a new car. That is what I like about my old truck. You can mix and match parts from almost any other chevy vehicle out there.

Thanks,
Yeah, I'm telling him that it would probably be less to just buy some old beat up manual, if he really wants to practice. Why ruin his Accord anyway.

When I had my 87 cougar I read about a bunch of people who put in t-bird trannies because a 5spd wasn't offered in the cougar for 87-88.

It was about 10 hours labor plus the cost of parts. Don't forget you need all the interior parts if you want it to look halfway decent...and don't forget you will be placing a 3rd pedal on the floor.

Unless the bracket to mount it is already there, the clutch pedal is the hardest part. Cutting a hole in the floor and sticking a stick through it is the easy part.

yeha, just practice on a rental and trade-in his accord if eh wants a manual that badly.

there are good and bad points of auto and manual but i think most people here will agree with me that manual is the way to go

Back