Turned my old front bumper into a little couch!!!

G

gonzoATX

If all of you remember i was hit by a car that ran a red light and totaled the car that was in front of me a little on my left. she hit the other car so hard that her car did a 180 coming toward me and barley nudged the front bumper. Well insurance and all took care of it and it was cheaper to get a whole new bumper and paint rather than trying to fix a little 1 in crack she left. Well i told the body shop that i wanted the old bumper back this way i knew that they did replace it with a new one and they just didn't do a #$$% up job and tried to hide the 1 inch break. well took my dadz truck to pick it up and my mom was like what are you going to do with that and i told her that i may put it up as a wall piece in memory of the wreck and she laughed thats when my friend mentioned that he had turned his into a couch and i was like oh yeah i remember but his was off a little civic si and it didnt come close looking like an old bumper since it was all covered up in pillows and blankets so i took the idea and remember my bumper was just a few weeks old and it looks new considering i just have a one inch crack on it so i took it to my room in the backyard and stuffed pillows inside the space of the bumper and and have like little pillows for the floor so i could lay down on and now i have a little couch that basically sits on the floor but hey at least i saved $4 that they were going to charge me to throw the bumper in the waste... :D :D :D :D :(

at least ur creative!

Attachments

• DSCF1928.JPG
    DSCF1928.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF1927.JPG
    DSCF1927.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF1920.JPG
    DSCF1920.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF1922.JPG
    DSCF1922.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 45
What is with drivers in Austin and MP3's? A week ago, a F-250 pulled into my lane and when I slammed on my brakes, his wheel well grabbed onto my bumper and ripped it right off the front of my car :mad: ! If this ever happens to anyone again, you should know that the bumper will fit along the passenger side of the car if you put down the front seat ;) . I am still fighting with his insurance to get it replaced :( .

Take it easy,

whats going on and how long has it been since the accident?? it took me almost 3 months to get my bumper replaced. hit me up im here in austin to and if anything i could help you out.. my old bumper just has a one inch crack and hardly noticable from a distance :cool:

It has only been a week and a half since the accident but the car looks horrible without a front bumper cover. There is a bright side, I think I have the first brake cooling system :rolleyes: . I need to have some body work done on the corner of the hood, the driver's side quarter panel, and the headlight assembly.

CNA insurance was great when I was reporting the accident but once I got the claim started, the adjuster will not call me back. So I am getting an estimate and just going to send it to them along with a letter from my laywer. Hopefully, they will respond better to that.

I finally saw another MP3 in Austin. It was Monday about 5:30pm, it was westbound on Parmer at about Metric. Still had a Mazda South front plate.

I can't believe it, 6 months, 10,000 miles and this car keeps getting better. I usually don't put that many miles on a car but this car just begs to be driven. Now, if the next MP3 is blown, I will have a hard time deciding between that and an RX8.

Later,

Bein that my car is also from Mazda South, I hope I don't join your MP3 reckage club! Sorry to hear about your accidents.

Do you have any pictures on the couch you made??
I have a end table that I mad from a alloy wheel from my mom's 2001 eclipse. I got it after my little brother ran it into a curb and messed up the lip of the wheel. It could no longer hold air in a tire. I put the damaged part of the wheel closest to the wood top and you can't even notice.

Tim

i'll see what i can do i just need a digital camera... and for #872 good luck on your claim thats how my adjuster was untill i put my foot in there $^& and bugged them constantly untill i got it fixed :mad: :mad:

Back