Back to Mazda!

Buujinbejiita

:
2013 CX-5 Touring
Hello all, recently acquired a 13 CX-5 AWD Touring package. Ive had 3 RX7s (86 88 and 89) so I am somewhat familiar with Mazda even though those are a completely different animal. Got laid off from the oil field and took a position doing PC repairs around the state which has me travelling at least 1000 miles a week. Was driving a 01 Corolla for a while til the engine let go, which resulted in me having to drive my lifted 10 Ram 1500. Well needless to say 15mpg got old really quick so I hesitantly traded in my baby for the Mazda. I was in the market for about a month and looked at Escapes, outbacks/foresters, Rogues...ect. After plenty of reading the CX5 got top marks across the board and I was really wanting to check one out, but we do not have a dealer in Wyoming so I wasn't getting my hopes up...until someone tagged me in a post with a local used lot having one for sell. Went in, test drove it, loved it. Didn't feel so 'soft' and SUV-ey as the other models in this class. Have put about 1500 miles on it this week and other than it being horribly under power, which everything in this class is, I love the thing. Tight steering, great suspension and its comfortable. Averaging about 32mpg at highway speeds. Kinda wish I would have looked for a 14 after the fact and got the 2.5 but I will live. Look forward to reading into this thing more from the community.
14329892_10210560847727102_3720580943724667125_n.jpg

Attachments

• 14329892_10210560847727102_3720580943724667125_n.jpg
    14329892_10210560847727102_3720580943724667125_n.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 117
you got the same color I did. Only drawback is when i park it in office I have to turn back and give it a look, else the mpg drops by 2 or so. Its so hot.

Welcome back! I strayed from Mazda for a bit to try out different vehicles, but ended up coming back as well. From the Mazda3 to the CX-5, I haven't found anything else I would rather have.

My wife is picking up the new Miata RF in a bit. Needless to say, we're staying Mazda for quite some time. Hope you enjoy the CX-5!

Welcome back!

Believe it or not, I too have strayed away from the brand once in a while.

The 2.0L is a nice rev-happy motor, is without all of the counterbalancing shafts of the 2.5L, and has a bit higher RPM:pOWER peak than the 2.5L.

So do not be afraid to wind it out!

However, you will not hear the redline buzzer like our old RX's (drive2) (hummmmmm, MEEEEEEEP! hummmmmm, MEEEP!)

How many miles are on the CX-5 you got>?

Welcome back!

Believe it or not, I too have strayed away from the brand once in a while.

The 2.0L is a nice rev-happy motor, is without all of the counterbalancing shafts of the 2.5L, and has a bit higher RPM:pOWER peak than the 2.5L.

So do not be afraid to wind it out!

However, you will not hear the redline buzzer like our old RX's (drive2) (hummmmmm, MEEEEEEEP! hummmmmm, MEEEP!)

How many miles are on the CX-5 you got>?

Was right at 50k. I can definitely tell it likes the be wound up. Anything under 3k and it's noticeable I'm in a small 4 cylinder but if I keep the revs up its definitely peppy feeling. I took my girlfriend for a very spirited drive up and down the mountain this weekend and boy I sure feel like I made the right choice! I wouldn't have had nearly the same confidence ripping around mountain curves in an escape or sportage haha. I'm glad Mazda still has great handling vehicles, even if they are a big car(small suv?)

Did you look at mods? Also there is a cam from the miata you can get + tune for about 40hp

Back