Clek Foonf or other convertible car seats?

Mazdan

:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
We're looking at transitioning to a convertible car seat and really like the Clek Foonf. Does anyone have experience with how much room it takes up in the rear-facing position?

We're currently using the Uppababy Mesa infant carrier, and only my wife can ride in the front passenger seat given how far up we have to move the seat. The Clek seems even bigger! Any feedback on the Clek or other convertible car seats brands is appreciated.

I cant comment specifically on the seats you are using but I can give you some input from our side.

We have an 8 month old and its time to transition from the infant carrier to a convertible. Currently we have a Graco Snug-Ride 30 system that has a base in the CX5 and a base in our 2nd vehicle as well as the stroller to go with it, not a bad setup. However with it positioned in the middle spot in the back seat we are tight for clearance around it when my wife and I have our sets positioned comfortably, and we are not tall people, but it works.

We just ordered up a new convertible seat from Amazon today, it will be here Wednesday. My wife talked to a local car seat tech for some advice and she said one that worked well in her experience in the CX5 was the Evenflo SureRide 65 DLX.
Also I have done some research before we bought our CX5 to see if there were any other auto makers out there in the crossover segment that was better for these types of seats and really, outside of a mini van, having a convertible car seat is going to be a PITA no matter what you drive.

Some people advised to go to Toys-R-Us and they will let you install display models into your car to see what fits best but we just did more research and found what was safe and was a good fit. Plus the price for the Evenflo SureRide 65 DLX is really good, so cant complain there. I will try to get some pics once we get it installed, if it will help you any.

I have a Diono Radian RXT in the center of the back seat on a CX-5. The seat belts are a little hard to get to, but there's enough room to seat two adults on either side of the seat.

Sorry for the lateness on my reply. I was going to install this myself but my wife wanted to take this to a car seat technician to have them install it "right".
Overall it does take up more space than our old infant base/carrier. I would have preferred to have it installed in the middle but the tech decided to put it on the outer seat. The down side to this is it makes for a ton less front leg room for the passenger, where if it was in the middle I think we could get more leg room out of it.

Hopefully we wont have to deal with it like this for too too long and then we can switch it to forward facing and make life 1000x easier for everyone.
Let me know if you have any questions.

8469500456.jpg

846a01cf52.jpg

846a0c772e.jpg

846a058174.jpg

Crashed-ice, any explanation as to why they used the seat belt instead of the latch system to connect the car seat?

and to the OP, we've been using the Brittax Marathon in our car and it definitely ate up some leg room. Now that the little one is old/tall enough we have her forward facing and it's great for me to finally be able to fit in the passenger seat again.

Last edited:
Crashed-ice, any explanation as to why they used the seat belt instead of the latch system to connect the car seat?

and to the OP, we've been using the Brittax Marathon in our car and it definitely ate up some leg room. Now that the little one is old/tall enough we have her forward facing and it's great for me to finally be able to fit in the passenger seat again.

Hey @thedaddyb
They said that they couldnt use the LATCH system because of the recline they had to set it at I guess. I would have preferred the LATCH system personally because it makes everything so much easier. I might give it a go myself again and use it anyway.

Back