Cleaning headliner help

0wen

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
The headliner is filthy and covered with dirt spots and wanted to know if I'd have to worry about it sagging after cleaning it. I tried to search around for an awnser but couldn't find anything reassuring. Just altitle worried about screwing it up and any imput would helpful

Folex is the best upholstery cleaner I've ever used.

Not sure if it will sag afterward, maybe try it in a corner first and see if it loosens the adhesive.

I've had pretty good results using Woolite mixed with water. But my spots were not heavily stained.

What the hell are you guys doing that you've got stains on your headliners?? Wait... I don't want to know...

What's funny is that my cheap, one-layer headliner is in perfect shape while a friend's fancy, padded headliner in his nicer car is drooping. There's something to be said for simplicity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exploded bottle of cola (damn kids) got it out with Armor All Cleaning Wipes, also great for touch ups with coffee spills.

Search "autoblog details headliner" for a good tutorial on cleaning it properly

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

If the heat hasn't caused your headliner to sag, then cleaning it certainly won't. Zep Carpet & Upholstery cleaner, a brush, and a rag or two to wipe/blot away the cleaner and dirt will work great. So would the woolite and water solution or just about any other cleaner. Elbow grease and patience is all you need.

Back