Power Steering Install?

mohab

:
02 PROTEGE5
Hey guys I'm running a turbo P5 that I picked up, doesnt currently run but you can check the thread over on Protege Builds (Restore the Show car)

The previous owner did a power steering delete... No pump no lines, no evidence of it at all... I'm assuming he took it off as his choice, MazdaSpeed Protege come stock turbo with power steering fully functional so if I'm going to be daily-ing it I need it back... I searched the forums for a thread on restoring Power Steering but no such luck, could anyone point me in the right direction with the installation?

To remove the PS completely you would have to remove the rack and disassemble it. But if you are lucky they didn't do that and you can simply replace the lines and pump, install the res and bleed the system. Is the wheel hard to turn? If it is he probably just looped the lines and deleted the pump.

Looped lines vs full depower isn't really a noticeable difference. It'll be heavy either way. Just peek down behind the block and look to see if there are lines coming from the rack, or if they are all just capped. Or if you can't tell, take some pics.

Latest posts

Back