Looking to get a p5.

Jerbzilla

:
01 Jetta VR6
Hello all,

So I have always been a huge fan of the p5's. I recently came across one near me that fits most of my needs.

My question is; is this particular car worth it?

Mainly how long do they typically last and is it worth it to fix the problems this one has or hold out for the right one? Attached is a link to the craigslist posting and any info you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to joining the p5 community.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5741159380.html

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy

I would say yes, but only as a parts car. It's rough, automatic, high mileage, running poorly, not really too many redeeming qualities that I see.

I honestly wouldnt pay that much for one with that many kms. I bought mine for $350bucks cdn, its 5spd

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thank you guys for the replies! I've decided to hold on to my money until something comes along that is in better condition with less miles. The only bad thing is that white ones never come along where I live so I just got a little antsy.

Thanks again

Let it sit awhile and he may come down on price.

More than anything else, it doesn't appear to have any rust.

If you can get him down to 600 or 800 bucks it wouldn't be too bad of a deal. It shouldn't be hard to find another hood.

thats what i was thinking. I was going to offer him $500 and see where he came down to. I have found JDM engines for around $900 shipped with around 50k miles on them. I don't mind putting in a new motor as I've done it before but I'd really like a 5 speed, sunroof and roof racks.

I've just wanted one of these for so long I think I hyped myself up on this one cause its the color I want. Like I said in my earlier post white ones never show up in my area. The search continues!

JDM engines can be hit and miss, and in CA there has been sellers who were not really being true about miles. So be careful there... One thing you can do is if you find a junkyard motor with supposedly low miles, you can run the VIN, and find out how many miles were on it when that car got junked.

Like I said in my earlier post white ones never show up in my area. The search continues!

I bought your car back in March in Portland. White, 5 speed, roof racks and sunroof. 120k on it. Sorry man!

I did drive 14 hours round trip. I had spent a couple months looking. Just be patient, you will find the right car eventually.

Back