2016 CX-9 Warranty

Jk2016

:
Mazda CX9
After test-driving the 2016 CX-9 GT for the fourth time today, I've decided to take the plunge and buy this car. I am really looking forward to this -- and thank all of you for answering questions earlier in the process. The one remaining question is about warranty. Given the amount of electronics nowadays, I am tempted to get an extended warranty. The question is -- how much should I be prepared to pay? It will be useful to get a ballpark number -- based on what other folks have paid -- so that I don't get blindsided when I am sitting in the Finance guy's office. Thank you in advance! JK.

I don't know. Damned if you do damned if you don't on extended warranties. Always great to have but expect to pay 1k I would think for 2 more years or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know. Damned if you do damned if you don't on extended warranties. Always great to have but expect to pay 1k I would think for 2 more years or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Original warranty was 3 years. I pay 250 USD and get 3 more years. I live in Mexico City.

After test-driving the 2016 CX-9 GT for the fourth time today, I've decided to take the plunge and buy this car. I am really looking forward to this -- and thank all of you for answering questions earlier in the process. The one remaining question is about warranty. Given the amount of electronics nowadays, I am tempted to get an extended warranty. The question is -- how much should I be prepared to pay? It will be useful to get a ballpark number -- based on what other folks have paid -- so that I don't get blindsided when I am sitting in the Finance guy's office. Thank you in advance! JK.

If you purchase the warranty extension at the time or your cx9 purchase, I'm pretty sure you get a promo price. If you purchase the warranty later, it's more expensive.

If you want the warranty extension at year 3 when the warranty is in the last year, is even more, more expensive.

I am tempted to get an extended warranty.
Is the warranty that you are considering from Mazda or 3rd party? When I bought my CX-9, the dealer offered me an extended warranty but it was not from Mazda. That really surprised me (I declined the offer). Does Mazda no longer offer extended warranties?

Is the warranty that you are considering from Mazda or 3rd party? When I bought my CX-9, the dealer offered me an extended warranty but it was not from Mazda. That really surprised me (I declined the offer). Does Mazda no longer offer extended warranties?

This happens to me in the past with Volvo. I try to renew the warranty and they don't have extended warranty available. one year later, they have extended warranty (pricey$$) but was some kind of insurance (not the regular insurance for accidents, but for damaged parts, etc), from another company, not Mazda, not a real warranty extension.

Regarding the cx9, I had the cx9 2011 V6 and extended the warranty with Mazda after 2 years and 6 months of use, 6 months before warranty expiration.

Now in june, I purchased the cx9 2016 GT AWD and I see a promo in all Mazda Dealers in Mexico: only 250 USD for 3 years of warranty extension. So I take it. It's a letter from Mazda and invoice. I have 6 years of warranty. I imagine there is items not covered like battery (limited coverage), brake pads, etc. But this is normal.

Same thing happened to me as well. Third party warranty company which I never heard of. Declined the offer.

I'm not sure how the dealerships differ but at the Mazda place my wife got her 2015 CX-9 they offer a 1,000,000 mile lifetime warranty on the power train at no extra cost as long as the dealership does all the oil changes and repairs. Has anyone else had that offer?

what??? that's a no brainer. GREAT deal ! definitely take it ... I think extended warranties in the US runs like $2000 ~ $2500 USD , not sure
I know. Even here my warranty extension in 2014 for my cx9 V6 was 1400USD. When I see the promo on the new cx9 for 250 usd for 3 more years I requested to add that to my final Invoice in a second. Great deal.[emoji4]

I always purchase warranty extension because I had issues with my 2006 Volvo with the transmission.

Enviado desde mi SM-G800M mediante Tapatalk

I know. Even here my warranty extension in 2014 for my cx9 V6 was 1400USD. When I see the promo on the new cx9 for 250 usd for 3 more years I requested to add that to my final Invoice in a second. Great deal.[emoji4]

I always purchase warranty extension because I had issues with my 2006 Volvo with the transmission.

Enviado desde mi SM-G800M mediante Tapatalk

any USA buyers get that promo deal ? $250 for extended warranty..... what's has the dealers been quoting for extended warranty on the new 2016 CX-9 ?

any USA buyers get that promo deal ? $250 for extended warranty..... what's has the dealers been quoting for extended warranty on the new 2016 CX-9 ?

This Mazda 3 warranty link in Mexico have a table for all Mazda models. All current Mazda vehicles including SUV (cx5 and cx9) have a 3 year extension price for 238 USD.

http://www.mazdamexico.com.mx/mexico/mazda3-hatchback/mazda-extended-warranty

The price is in MX Pesos. Just divide it x 19.

extwarranty.jpg

As you can see in the right column, for new Mazda's, it's 4,524.00MX Pesos / 19 = 238 USD.

This give you 3 years or 125,000 KM extra of warranty. Perhaps if you contact your dealer in USA and show this promotion they can do something?

Last edited:
This Mazda 3 warranty link in Mexico have a table for all Mazda models. All current Mazda vehicles including SUV (cx5 and cx9) have a 3 year extension price for 238 USD.

http://www.mazdamexico.com.mx/mexico/mazda3-hatchback/mazda-extended-warranty4524

The price is in MX Pesos. Just divide it x 19.

extwarranty.jpg

As you can see in the right column, for new Mazda's, it's 4,524.00MX Pesos / 19 = 238 USD.

This give you 3 years or 125,000 KM extra of warranty. Perhaps if you contact your dealer in USA and show this promotion they can do something?

There's an asterisk next to it though, can you post the fine print notes?

(are there any stipulations that all oil changes, maintenance or repairs must go thru Mazda) ?

If I'm reading it correctly, the left most column is for new cars so CX9 is still $682 USD no promo,

that's still a good deal but that also has some fine print notes .

Last edited:
There's an asterisk next to it though, can you post the fine print notes?

(are there any stipulations that all oil changes, maintenance or repairs must go thru Mazda) ?

If I'm reading it correctly, the left most column is for new cars so CX9 is still $682 USD no promo,

that's still a good deal but that also has some fine print notes .

I corrected the link:

http://www.mazdamexico.com.mx/mexico/mazda3-hatchback/mazda-extended-warranty

The CX9 (if new) get the 238USD price.... see the table. The most right column have a single unique price for all New Mazda models.

Oil change, maintenance and repairs for the extended warranty works like the regular warranty: you need to do it all in Mazda, not Bosch, Speed Dee, etc. You need to get the signature and stamp from the dealer/Masda authorized maintenance center in order to keep your warranty (the original / extended). I don't see why I would like to make maintenance in any other place other than Mazda. Maintenance price are amazing (50 - 120 USd a year!!)

There is no "*" for the price for new vehicles. There is a sign "^" and the notes say:

*** price available only when you purchase a new vehicle. Price only available from Feb 02, 2016 until January 31, 2017. If you purchase the extended warranty in other dates than invoice date, you will need to pay the price mentioned in the table (12,954 instead of 4,524) - 681USD instead of 238USD

I was quoted $2200 for a 7 year / 84K mile warrantee. That price was the same whether it was a MasterTech warrantee that the dealer offered or the Mazda direct extended warrantee. You really need to read the fine print though of what you actually get. This particular offer at the stated price wasn't a bumper to bumper but really just an extension to the powertrain warrantee if you read through it all. So what they were really offing me was a 2 year / 24K powertrain warrantee extension since the vehicle comes with a 5/60K powertrain warrantee. I was thinking about it since the motor is all new, but then I figure if this engine ends up having an issue you will more than likely know about it in the forums well before the powertrain warrantee is up, so I opted to pass. If I really want a powertrain warrantee extension I'm sure I could find a better price elsewhere.

I was quoted a couple 1000s at the dealership. I decided to pass on it. Hopefully any major problems come up before the warranty expires.

Well, glad I didn't bite on my local dealers extended warrantee offer, after a little web search I found a Florida Mazda dealer that will sell an 8yr/100K powertrain plan with $100 deductible for $1665. This is the genuine Mazda Extended Confidence plan. Not sure if this is a good price or not but its worlds better than what I was offered at my dealer. Now on the flip side the dealer I bought from gave me a good discount on the CX-9, $1800 less than what my most local dealer was willing to offer so maybe they were trying to make up some $$ on the warrantee. Just know you do not need to buy the warrantee the day you buy the vehicle. It won't be more expensive the next week or the next month. Take your time, it shouldn't be a pressure item.

I was quoted $2200 for a 7 year / 84K mile warrantee. That price was the same whether it was a MasterTech warrantee that the dealer offered or the Mazda direct extended warrantee. You really need to read the fine print though of what you actually get. This particular offer at the stated price wasn't a bumper to bumper but really just an extension to the powertrain warrantee if you read through it all. So what they were really offing me was a 2 year / 24K powertrain warrantee extension since the vehicle comes with a 5/60K powertrain warrantee. I was thinking about it since the motor is all new, but then I figure if this engine ends up having an issue you will more than likely know about it in the forums well before the powertrain warrantee is up, so I opted to pass. If I really want a powertrain warrantee extension I'm sure I could find a better price elsewhere.

IN Mexico is bumper to bumper. Just a few items are not included. I will translate the doc I received. I had it in the my CX9 2011 V6 as well.

I just bought a 2016 Grand Touring AWD last week. I also purchased an 8yr/100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty for $2400. This warranty is from Ally Auto and is accepted by Mazda dealerships nationwide. With all the gadgetry in this vehicle, I felt it was worth it.

In the US in the tri state area expect it to be 2500 or so and up to 100k bumper to bumper with 100 deductible.

I think it is worth it especially with all the electonics and modules in place.

Back