2016 Dash Speaker removal

Seanmiz

:
Cobalt
I'm wondering if anyone has any guidance on removing the panels for the dash speakers on 2016 CX-5 Touring. It's a tough spot to work out of, but I am having a hard time figuring out how to remove the speaker covers without causing any kind of damage. I haven't been able to find any guides/video specifically for the dash panels. All the guides I've found seem to have the panels on in one picture, and then off in the next without a description of how they were removed exactly.

Last edited:
I just grabbed with my fingers on the sides near where the a pillar meets the dash, then pulled up hard, some of the clips will come up the work your way towards the center

I just grabbed with my fingers on the sides near where the a pillar meets the dash, then pulled up hard, some of the clips will come up the work your way towards the center
Or the OP can get those cheap plastic trim removal tool kit from Amazon or eBay instead of fingers or screwdrivers. :) You're right, the key is lifting the edge of the dash speaker cover at the a-pillar side first, then work his way towards center.

To OP, most people was busy trying to remove the dash speaker cover, and they won't have time taking pictures while working on it... ;)

I recommend taping the A-pillar trim with some blue 3M easy release masking tape or similar when popping the covers.

Back