JDM led abmient light

HARVEYtheDOG

:
'14 CX-5
Has anyone installed the JDM overhead console with the built in led?

I got mine the other day with a wiring harness. The console fits and looks perfect, but I'm at a loss with the wiring harness. I was hoping the instructions would include some pictograms to tell me where to run the harness, but it's all in Japanese... with no picts (help)

I assume it needs to tap into a line where the led will dim with the dashboard, but I'm not 100%. Maybe someone with an aftermarket headunit has found a spot to make it dim with the dash?

The harness part # is K070-V7-130 btw.

If anyone has any pointers or can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it :D

-J

Last edited:
where did you get this kit? i'm interested on it. any pics or website i can look at it or ordered it??

I'd love to know the answer to this one too! I've missed the ambient overhead lights my Audi had and I was going to try and fit some LEDs in the console myself but it would be awesome if I'm able to get one of these imported!

(Part Number of the console itself seems to be G46W 69 970 75 for cars without a sunroof and G49B 69 970 75 for cars with a sunroof)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought mine from https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/49058

My mom has some like the Audi in her Jetta, I've been jealous!

I'll try finding a way to hook it up tomorrow when I've got some free time, if no one speaks up beforehand (freak)

Here's a pict of the two side by side (if it works)
28769845790_dd886d80ed_k.jpg
[/url]Overhead console by seajus s, on Flickr[/IMG]

in place, but no actually connected yet
28438507033_c16709d76e_k.jpg
[/url]overhead console view by seajus s, on Flickr[/IMG]

I bought mine from https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/49058

My mom has some like the Audi in her Jetta, I've been jealous!

I'll try finding a way to hook it up tomorrow when I've got some free time, if no one speaks up beforehand (freak)

Here's a pict of the two side by side (if it works)
28769845790_dd886d80ed_k.jpg
[/url]Overhead console by seajus s, on Flickr[/IMG]

in place, but no actually connected yet
28438507033_c16709d76e_k.jpg
[/url]overhead console view by seajus s, on Flickr[/IMG]
Looks pretty good. Can you post the install instruccions? On the japanparts.com website says it comes with an installation kit... it should have some clues in there of what to do [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've purchased before from japan parts and they do have a translation service on their website... i think you have to send those sheets in pdf format to an email and they auto reply with instruccions in english... let me check my email and i'll post back.

Edit: just found this on one of my past orders:

********** FREE TRANSLATION SERVICE FOR INSTRUCTION MANUALS! ************
If you need the instruction manual in English to install the parts,
our new machine translation system can help you.
Just send this email back to us with the PDF file of the Japanese manual.
Do not change the subject then.
We accept manuals with figures and photographs.
It takes 2-3 business days to send you the translated version.

Please note:
- Japanparts does not guarantee the accuracy of the translation.
- clean PDF file only.
- If the item you purchased does not come with the Japanese manual, we
cannot help you.
(Most of the replacement parts do not have an instruction manual.)

Take a look to your invoices and you should have the same thing...

If you do get the manuals in english please share them [emoji2]

Last edited:
I actually sent that picture to a friend of mine that speaks japanese and he said there's nothing in there that tells how to install it. Those are just warningsp and thanking you for buying the part and a checklist post install. Is there any other sheet that you have??

Here's what I figured out so far....

Red and Black get plugged into the light harness... Black into spot #2, Red into spot #4.
The pins seem different than the existing ones, I had a hard time locking the pins in place, so I just left the locking piece of the clip off...

29078546515_feef03ce78_k.jpg
[/url]Ambient wiring harness. Black in spot #2, red in #4 by seajus s, on Flickr[/IMG]

Harness down the A-pillar, used the existing clips to hold it into place

Down the A-pillar, used the existing clips to attach by seajus s, on Flickr

Dropped it straight down this hole with no problems...

Dropped harness into this hole by seajus s, on Flickr

Gotta figure out where to plug this in though...

29078717395_aee28e400a_k.jpg
[/url]Hmmm by seajus s, on Flickr[/IMG]

Hooked up a 9v battery to test... it works!!

29078510625_342a072184_z.jpg
[/url]Powered by a 9v by seajus s, on Flickr[/IMG]

Night shot doesn't do it justice... Looks nice and subtle, while lighting up the cup holder area.
It's kinda hard to see, I'm too lazy to get the dslr out for a better shot. You can see the light straight above the mirror power light

28460914843_dd4b5575d9_z.jpg
[/url]Night shot of cx-5 ambient. by seajus s, on Flickr[/IMG]

I don't have it hardwired to the car yet. I'd like it to turn on with the headlights and maybe even dim if it's possible...

I wish, those were the only Mazda sheets included. The other papers were Japan Parts & shipping details

I actually sent that picture to a friend of mine that speaks japanese and he said there's nothing in there that tells how to install it. Those are just warningsp and thanking you for buying the part and a checklist post install. Is there any other sheet that you have??

Forgot to mention that. On middle sheet it says that it should work with light on only. So that should give you a clue to which wires to tap into

Forgot to mention that. On middle sheet it says that it should work with light on only. So that should give you a clue to which wires to tap into

Also.. does the wires that run down to the footwell area are bare wires or with spades that will fit in a harness?

Ok, cool, thanks

I didn't get a good pict of the other end of the harness. Black has an eyelet to be attached to some ground point (haven't found yet). Red is just a wire, no pin or spade. The kit comes with a splice/tap thingy

29002522111_9fbe3b3593_k.jpg
[/url]Complete kit by seajus s, on Flickr[/IMG]

Ok then. Ground should go to any factory ground near that area ( there are a few) and the red wire should go to a line that comes on with the parking lights... at least that's how i'll do it

Ok then. Ground should go to any factory ground near that area ( there are a few) and the red wire should go to a line that comes on with the parking lights... at least that's how i'll do it

My thoughts too. I haven't been able to find a good wiring diagram to find what's linked to the parking lights. The stuff I found on this forum comes up blank in the pdf for some reason.

I've been trying to find instructions for the "welcome illumination", or what ever Mazda calls that accessory, for other Mazdas... with the hope that there's some sort of overlap between newer Mazdas. No luck yet...

I'll see what i can find tomorrow and I'll post back for both the ground and parking lights wiring

Exciting stuff! I've found a company that will ship one to the UK so I've got one on order now, hopefully by the time it arrives there will be an install guide here! :)

I am loving this!!! Going to be closely watching until someone completes the install and then ordering one for my self. I always thought the interior was a bit dark and this would be just what I'm looking for.

I also am wondering if that isn't indeed the overhead console out of the new CX-9? I remember seeing one at the dealership recently and it had that little light. I can't remember if it looked the same or not.

Last edited:
Back