CX-9 brake pads - Carbotech?

Jared703

:
09 White MS3
Has anyone tried carbotech pads on their CX-9? Looks like they have the 1521 street pads now which used to be their bobcat pads. I had a solid experience with these pads on another vehicle years ago, even with their heavy dusting and being hard on the rotor. Both are things i'd be willing to tolerate after the terrible braking experience i've had on an otherwise solid vehicle.

I've had shuddering problems on my wife's CX-9's several times now over our ~5 years of ownership that many others have reported. This is temporarily resolved with either new or resurfaced rotors, but the shaking returns after less than a year or roughly 10k of fairly easy driving. I've tried re-bedding the pads with no success and I'm moving to replace all my rotors and pads, and want to start off with the highest possibility of success.

I've used centric premium rotors on my other vehicle and found them to be solid, so i'll likely go with those rotors. I'm open to suggestions on pads though.

Thanks,
Jared

Last edited:
Have not tried carbotech on my CX-9. I replaced all rotors and pads about 30,000 miles ago. I used Auto Zone Duralast max pads and their Duralast gold rotors. The stops are as smooth as can be and low dust. No shuddering or pulsating at all. Probably the smoothest stopping of any of my cars. I did them myself and could not be happier. I am sure there are other fine pads out there, but I can only comment on my experience with these. I used Akebono pads on my 09 TL about two years ago and they were also really good on that car.

Have not tried carbotech on my CX-9. I replaced all rotors and pads about 30,000 miles ago. I used Auto Zone Duralast max pads and their Duralast gold rotors. The stops are as smooth as can be and low dust. No shuddering or pulsating at all. Probably the smoothest stopping of any of my cars. I did them myself and could not be happier. I am sure there are other fine pads out there, but I can only comment on my experience with these. I used Akebono pads on my 09 TL about two years ago and they were also really good on that car.

Thanks for the reply - great to know.

Just one question are all of the bolts ( caliper bracket and caliper ) 17mm or are they different sized bolts.

Back