Power Locks

emersonlennon

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Bought a 2003 P5 a few months ago and power locks only worked on two doors, something I was going to look into. However now another door has stopped working. All locks work manually and if I hit the button I can hear the power locks do something in each door but nothing moves. Has anyone come across a similar issue or know what might be happening before I start tearing doors apart?

On a side note it didn't come with a key fob any recommendations on where to get a quality one?

Thanks
emersonlennon

Bought a 2003 P5 a few months ago and power locks only worked on two doors, something I was going to look into. However now another door has stopped working. All locks work manually and if I hit the button I can hear the power locks do something in each door but nothing moves. Has anyone come across a similar issue or know what might be happening before I start tearing doors apart?

On a side note it didn't come with a key fob any recommendations on where to get a quality one?

Thanks
emersonlennon

wrong forum, but I've had a P5 before.

it's actuator motors that have worn out the plastic gears inside. Buy all new from mazda, easy to install.

wrong forum, but I've had a P5 before.

it's actuator motors that have worn out the plastic gears inside. Buy all new from mazda, easy to install.

Thanks so much!!! Searched protege5 and it brought me here from google, saw the 5 and wrote my post. I'll repost in protege but thanks for looking out!!!

Back