Car died... LOTS of AFTERMARKET, hard to find 3rd gen Protege parts. BOOKMARK

What I didn't sell when into the shell of a car that was towed away 2 weeks ago. Thanks for your interest and all of your help :)

Hey all, I decided to part out my car: moving on, I know... :( I'm selling all of the parts from my car. I've got plenty and I'll be posting more and more here... so if interested... look at my sig and once I repost here, I'll bump below. Read: BOOKMARK THIS PAGE :)

Here's how I work things out: Prices below do not include shipping, unless indicated. Read: You will need to pay actual shipping cost to you + cost of the item.

I will mark each item Available, Paid for, & Shipped as things change. If you are the first to post here/PM me you will have the first crack at the item. If you offer a lower price than I have listed, other people can offer what I'm asking and take your spot, but I'll still give you a change to get it at my price. I'm helping fund a used car purchase from selling this stuff off.

Items for sale:

1. SHIPPED - Split Second AFC (SSACF) "PSC1-020E" V2 (with data logging)
Will work with any FS 2.0L protege engine. I used this in my car and tuned for WOT speed w/ a WB02 sensor that I've already sold. Nope, I don't have a serial/USB adaptor (they are inexpensive).
2. SHIPPED - MSP Pedals
Genuine "MazdaSpeed" Aluminum pedal covers. Take your off and put these on (the gas pedal needs 2 holes drilled or I can ship the pedal assembly, you choose... you pay for shipping)
3. Shipped - Retrofitted Protege 5 headlights w/ Bi-xenon 5k 3" HIDs + Yellow halogen High Beams and an LED strip on the lateral/outside bottom sections for turn signals. (would be higher $, except for the lenses)
4. SHIPPED - 1.8L FS Valve Cover + Coils & Mounting Bracket + Plug Wires
I didn't have these long, but I didn't have to worry anymore about my coils overheating. Why didn't Mazda keep this setup? Yes, these have been uninstalled...
5. SHIPPED - StreetUn*t Dave B replica Gauge Rings. Brushed look
They never fell off and I drove my car hard on and off-road. The right-side one could have been machined down a bit more, like there were still some slightly noticeable machine marks.
6. SHIPPED Mazdaspeed Protege White Gauges (2003 version) w/ 231k on the odometer
Looks pretty good, right ;)
7. SHIPPED - JDM Tail Light w/ a purpose-build harness and all of the light-wells with bulbs installed.
No marks on them. You even get an extra passenger one if you want... (extra lens not yet pictured) I had to get another set once when I backed into a pole on the driver side. This is one of the classiest upgrades that you can put on the back of your protege imho
8. SOLD 2006-2010 Miata 10-spoke 5-lug rims w/ Michelin Pro Pilot Sport 215/45/17 Tires w/ 6/32-7/32 tread.(pickup local - delivery up to 100miles away drive from 97123)
9. SHIPPED - Mazda Protege MP3 Steering Rack
Has 80k, pulled from an MP3 with rear damage at a junk yard, never installed.
10. SHIPPED - MazdaSpeed/Pro5/ES Tweeter Panels
Get some treble in your cabin! They come with wiring... more than just the little plug. Worked great for me.
11. SHIPPED - Genuine MSP 03.5 SHift Knob
Again, best shift knob that came in a Protege... It's in such great shape!!! The leather is tight, it's got a great weight to it. For $10 More I'll throw in the leather shift boot w/ red stitching
12. SHIPPED - Medevil Passenger Side Motor Mount
This thing is super sturdy. Never had any problems... It worked great, minimal vibration with my AWR front MM and Corksport transmission MM inserts (Also for sale, not pictured yet) - You have have the entire set for $100 shipped
13. SHIPPED - 626/Protege Intermittent Windshield Washer stalk
This was key for life in the PNW. Maybe you could use it too?
14. SHIPPED - CR3 Rear Subframe Reinforcement Brace.
I never had a chance to install this... but it's WAY beefier than the stock one (or lack of one in the 1.6L). If you care about your suspension stiffness.. you need this. Modeled after a piece from AutoEX in Japan. Comes with fresh coating and stainless hardware. Quality work here... Search for the theMAN 's threads if you want more info.
15. SHIPPED - 10mm 5lug Wheel Spacers
Purpose cut for Mazda wheels/hubs... These fit on tight and don't need extended studs.
16. SOLD LOCALLY - Yakima Roof Rack for Protege Sedan (2 bike racks + 2 wheel holders + front end fairing)
This has been one of the greatest additions to my protege... so functional. Comes with locks for the q-towers and the bike racks. The Bike racks were obnoxious orange, so I sprayed them red. Some paint is chipping.
17. SOLD - MSP Engine Cover + Valve Cover
Worked great for me. It's a nice dress-up piece.

18. $5 - AVAILABLE - Protege sedan rear speaker covers

19. SHIPPED - AEM SRI/CAI w/ MAF + Filter + AEM Air Bypass Valve
(for those of us in water-logged areas... gives you some piece of mind if you go through some water)
20. SHIPPED - MAZDA Protege Black Floormats
Used for the last few years. I didn't have any problems. They are in great shape, just need to be cleaned up.
21. SHIPPED - MSP OEM Midpipe
w/ cats, spring bolts, no sensor, great threads on the bolts/nuts.
22. SHIPPED - MSP/Pro5/MP3 Front Strut Brace (Silver) w/ mounting brackets
This baby stiffened my front end up... I used it w/ cruise-control w/ no problems.

23. AVAIALABLE - Ebay MX-5 Rear strutbar (chrome)
I went for the install, cut into my subframe, then never got the bar in there... oh well... It would have been awesome! No loss to trunk space in a sedan.

24. SOLD - Protege Scissor jack set
Get jacked? The black plastic jack cover is available too!
25. PARTED - SHIPPED - RARE... Protege 2.0l/1.8L Aluminum Pulley Set (minus the alternator pulley... but does that really do anything... so small)
26. SHIPPED - MazdaSpeed3 Aluminum Billet Oil Cap (Red)
Get some zoom-zoom!
27. SHIPPED - 2.0L Manual Transmission w/ Mazdaspeed LSD, ARP studs holding the LSD to the ring gear, upgraded 5th gear
28. SHIPPED - ACT Street Pressure Plate and Clutch w/ not a lot of wear.
Not sure the number of miles on them, but the the surface is in great condition.
29. SHIPPED - MSP lightened flywheel
Still mounted on engine, will remove if you want it.

30. $30 - AVAILABLE - MSP Tokico Blue Shocks
(1 set of rears. Rear: You get the MSP rears (lower perch height)

31. SOLD - MSP/Racing Beat Springs
32. SHIPPED - MaxSpeed Lowering Springs
Rebadged H&R Springs: Progressive Rate, I only used the rear end ones... very comfy this way, no wheel gap w/ my 215/45/17's, also not bottoming out.

33. $75 - AVAILABLE - MSP 03.5 Oval Tip Axleback Muffler.
One of the studs broke off, the other is still there, but I haven't disconnected it yet form the resonator pipe yet... get a couple of studs and a quick weld job at a muffler shop ~$35 and you are set! Sounds just right and looks really good too.

35. SHIPPED - Protege Rear Cargo Net
3 fasteners - 2 top ones + one bottom one. The top ones were the only ones I really ever used.
36. SHIPPED - Protege5 Black Leather Steering Wheel + Airbag
(so comfy and in great shape! Has Cruise Controls and an very nice looking air bag) $20/each if sepparate
37. SHIPPED - Pioneer Z140bh - Flagship Nav Unit in 2012 - All original parts included, wired for the Protege w/ 2 din install kit.

38. $15 - AVAILABLE - MSP/MP3/Pro5 Radio Surround
(Silver/Black/Classssssssy)
[URL=http://s57.photobucket.com/user/nshootz/media/Last%20Protege%20Part%20Sell%20Off/IMG_20160805_145438_zpsortzsqhu.jpg.html]

39. SOLD - Custom Modded USB power in the cup holder area.
40. SOLD - MSP front Bumper

41. $125 - AVAILABLE - Catz Fog lights w/ 3k HIDs, ballasts, and HD harness.
This is a vast upgrade from stock in light output. You get everything pictured. I was going to save them, but I decided to sell and get something new later if I want some nice fogs. These are glass lenses w/ a fog pattern. They are amazing for driving in the dark, in snow, rallying around, etc. I fabricated metal brackets (painted black w/ rustoleum flat black paint) that fit the stock bumper holes and include the bolts. These fit the MSP/Pro5/MP3. They have 35w HID ballasts as well as fog light covers. (I started to sand them down so I could paint them black). There is one small rock pinhole on one lens. Some clear vinyl would be wise to cover it with. One of my favorite mods... I had halogen bulbs that were bright, but kept burning out and burning a hole in my wallet. These should last a long time.
The beam pattern is wide and the level... not much going into people's eyes.

42. $10 shipped each ($20 for all 3) - AVAILABLE - Fog light switch, switch blank, quarter holder.

43. $10 shipped - AVAILABLE - Protege Key FOB/Clicker. I don't need it anymore :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

Does the crank pulley have the harmonic balancer?
I couldn't say... how would I know? It's a version 2 Medevil lightweight crank pulley. I noticed no extra vibes with it and never had a problem with it.

Hey shootz, is the intake manifold and the header available still?
Also the strut brace ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Received everything a couple days ago (1.8L coil packs and intermittent stalk). Haven't had a chance to install anything yet but everything was there, in good condition, and packed very well!!

Received everything a couple days ago (1.8L coil packs and intermittent stalk). Haven't had a chance to install anything yet but everything was there, in good condition, and packed very well!!

Great!

Bump w/ a couple price changes and the addition of my CATZ 3k HID foglights w/ HD harness, 35w ballasts, and light covers...

Still have crank pulley? also you wouldn't happen to have a clutch slave cylinder laying around would ya?

If you ever change your mind on shipping the wheels, I would be highly interested in them.

How do you ship the wheels easily? I am not opposed to it completely, it just takes a lot of time to ship things for me.

Turns out the MazdaSpeed3 Red Billet Aluminum Oil cap is newly available... Who wants it? :)

Shipping wheels isn't too hard. Either find a custom wheel shop near you and ask for wheel boxes they are throwing away

Or use two pieces of cardboard per wheel and use tape or stretch wrap to encompass the wheel

40. $75 - AVAILABLE - MSP front Bumper
No paint, was behind my car bra (it's bro though) the entire time... Blemished in the middle when I slid in the snow over something. If you have a lip you have no problems! I will include the upper and lower grills if you buy this! Greyhound ships it!

interested in the MSP BUMPER
What is the condition of the mounting tabs?
What is your estimate for shipping to Fairport, NY 14450?
thanks!
Tom

Back