Kindof a sad day.

:
RDX Aspec Adv.
The other day, I had a sad, missing all of my performance vehicles. Some guy in a Dodge Avenger R/T with some puny sub-300hp V6 was going slower than the flow of traffic in the right lane, while he occupied the left. As soon as I transitioned to pass him on the right, he sped up, blocking me. It seemed his vehicle was ever so slightly faster than mine from a roll, and it irritated the hell out of me as this continued, until he left the freeway, flipping me off as he went. It wasn't his actions that annoyed me, but rather, the total inadequacy of my vehicle to deal with the situation in the manner in which my Z06, 370Z, WS.6, built GT, or even my Grand Jeep Cherokee would have allowed me to. Now granted, the Jeep gave me a sad at the pump a lot more than the CX-5, for sure, but it was still a sad, lol! Any of you ever miss having a performance vehicle, or do most people with CX-5's have a fun car for their second, and the CX-5 is a DD? That is kindof my plan fir 3-5 years from now.

It's a primitive male dominance kind of thing, build into our ancient sub-brains. Lead dog behavior. The modern action is to allow the other person the lead, like you are giving up your place as a magnanimous gesture. Then you are still top dog, in control.

Buy a miata for <5k na or nb, 6 speed nb best and put a 1k in turbo on it. Then you can beat that big motor fleet car with a "girls" car.

Last edited:
The Clint Eastwood philosophy has the same conundrum.

A.) A man's gotta know his limitations, or

B.) Do you feel lucky? Well do you, PUNK! (bigger gun in this scenario).

It's a primitive male dominance kind of thing, build into our ancient sub-brains. Lead dog behavior. The modern action is to allow the other person the lead, like you are giving up your place as a magnanimous gesture. Then you are still top dog, in control.

That may well be, but dammit, I value that primal lizard-brain's opinion on the matter!

The Clint Eastwood philosophy has the same conundrum.

A.) A man's gotta know his limitations, or

B.) Do you feel lucky? Well do you, PUNK! (bigger gun in this scenario).

Well, considering that I drive the equivalent of a derringer, my limitations are a bit disheartening coming from a .454

ughh I miss my 08 GT soo much. I miss that v8 and that mustang growel that is so unique to mustangs, spinning the tires, customizing, and just everything about it lol my cx5 is my DD and my goal is to keep it and eventually purchase another mustang. I actually test drove a 16 GT a couple weeks ago..yikes what a bad idea. Thing was beautiful all around. If it were not for my damn job, I'd be in a mustang for sure. The cx5 is definitely more practical though. Makes it much easier when I bring my german shepherd around with me to places.

Luckily, my dad offers me his 06 GT and 16 Miata to me anytime I want. So whenever I visit, I try and get my fix lol But yes, I 100% miss my performance car. I just try to remember the practicality the cx5 offers and the safety when inclement weather hits.

Last edited:
ughh I miss my 08 GT soo much. I miss that v8 and that mustang growel that is so unique to mustangs, spinning the tires, customizing, and just everything about it lol my cx5 is my DD and my goal is to keep it and eventually purchase another mustang. I actually test drove a 16 GT a couple weeks ago..yikes what a bad idea. Thing was beautiful all around. If it were not for my damn job, I'd be in a mustang for sure. The cx5 is definitely more practical though. Makes it much easier when I bring my german shepherd around with me to places.

Luckily, my dad offers me his 06 GT and 16 Miata to me anytime I want. So whenever I visit, I try and get my fix lol But yes, I 100% miss my performance car. I just try to remember the practicality the cx5 offers and the safety when inclement weather hits.

That is why I went SUV, ground clearance and AWD. I need it so I can 100% for sure get to work on terrible days weather wise.

I feel your pain... I miss my 2012 speed3. I am either gonna get a miata, mustang or big ass truck for a project car. I can't decide if I want the fun, whipping around the back roads in a sports car or just an old, jacked up pickup that says, get the F outta my way.

I feel your pain... I miss my 2012 speed3. I am either gonna get a miata, mustang or big ass truck for a project car. I can't decide if I want the fun, whipping around the back roads in a sports car or just an old, jacked up pickup that says, get the F outta my way.

I found people moved over in equal rates for my big black Grand Jeep Cherokee w/HEMI, or my C6 Z06. Either one would move people.

From Martin Lawrence in Bad Boys, remember your pressure points and woosa.....let it go brother, let it go... :) Nah Seriously, I had my moments as well....was behind a newer model Camaro for three lights and at each light they were so engrossed in their cell phone I had to politely honk to let them know the light had changed. Unfortunately, we both eventually had to merge onto the highway and they purposefully slow played the merge. So I thought on first opportunity, I will muster all my 184 lil ponies and pass them on the far left (two lanes going north). Well to further the torture they anticipated that move and merged all the way to the left lane and purposely drove the speed limit in the left lane boxing me in. After 4 additional miles of torture, they punched it and in an instant the bow tie disappeared into the sun light. Right before they "punched it" they looked in the rear view and gave me a look like "you wish you could do this!" (maybe I imagined that part) At that point I just took my "L" and realized no one forced me to sign those loan papers!! :)

Only thing you can do is a tune at the least, or tune + intake/exhaust and within 1000 rpm of redline when you think your gonna need to punch it from a roll.

I gave up that kind of thinking a long time ago, too many people driving like they're on racetrack. Some highways around here average a death a week in some sort of ridiculous accident because someone has to feel like they're king of the hill. Still..I feel your pain...

I have a '15 and the paint and body QC is by far the worst I've ever seen. They also still have not fixed the POS MT82 transmission. Total piece of junk. My car has 6,800 miles on it and I'm taking it to the dealer next Tuesday to have the tranny fluid changed. If it comes back whining and grinding like it does now, it's gone and Ford will never happen again at my house.

Unless you have a LOT of money to burn after buying the car, avoid the Mustang.

Only thing you can do is a tune at the least, or tune + intake/exhaust and within 1000 rpm of redline when you think your gonna need to punch it from a roll.

Bah! It would be like throwing peanuts at a charging rhino. I just need to get my house built and buy another corvette or something.

I have a '15 and the paint and body QC is by far the worst I've ever seen. They also still have not fixed the POS MT82 transmission. Total piece of junk. My car has 6,800 miles on it and I'm taking it to the dealer next Tuesday to have the tranny fluid changed. If it comes back whining and grinding like it does now, it's gone and Ford will never happen again at my house.

Unless you have a LOT of money to burn after buying the car, avoid the Mustang.

Shoulda gotten the GT350. Has a Tremec in it instead. I loved the Tremec in my WS6 and in my Z06.

Honestly, after my foray into SUV's, a lightly used SRT8 Jeep is really really appealing.

Looks like the R/T had a 0-60 of 7.3 with a 1/4 mile time of 15.8.

I'd definitely play with one!

From a roll, it ever so slightly edged away from me. Actually getting a leg up on a car that performs similar to yours is HARD, much less one that edges you out, when you're on the freeway. It usually took me about a 100bhp difference or a 5-8mph trap-speed advantage in the 1/4 to actually TROUNCE a car from a roll on the freeway.

Also, you're talking about the old POS from the late 2000's. The one from 2012 on has 50bhp more than the one you quoted stats from.

Last edited:
Meh the CX-5 is just a simple DD for me. I got my motorcycles for fun and speed. Some drivers are just jerks.

Also, you're talking about the old POS from the late 2000's. The one from 2012 on has 50bhp more than the one you quoted stats from.

Ah, OK. The 3.6 shows 6.7 & 15.3

Nice to know that it ever so slightly pulled on ya,,,,,,, now that I have a 93 octane tune my car is a lot different than when you drove it! ;)
Soon to get a E-85 tune! And hopefully loose 10-15 pounds rotating mass per wheel too!

But agreed with others! When in a dick swinging match I get my ZX-14R out to play!

By the way, took my car in for it's last free oil change, the tech drove it and was pleasantly surprised and we got into quite the discussion about the tune/mods! He was amazed how little throttle it took to get up to highway speeds.

Last edited:
Back