Lift Kit Interest

thanks man, i cant wait to hear what the shop says and see one of these with a moderate lift. i think it will look even more awesome

@thejeans

Any rubbing with your wheel and tire set up? Looks great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@thejeans and @SIGNAL_CX5

what kind of fuel economy are you guys experiencing after the updates? highway/city

Thanks!

I'm in LA too. Where did you get your wheels and tires?

Finally got my wheels and tires on and I'm really happy with the results. The ride is quiet, smooth and stable on the street. I have yet to try them off-road.

Specs:
17x8 Motegi Racing Custom Shop MR224 with matte black centers and gloss smoked lips.

245/65/17 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W All-Terrain

dcec7eeb14bd2dbc3b88ea5694db9b3d.jpg

441fd80a63dd7e11c6e2b4a031438e0b.jpg

what kind of fuel economy are you guys experiencing after the updates? highway/city

Thanks!

ive used about a 1/4 of a tank since mounting the wheels on last week. let me get through a tank or two and ill post up what i got.

most of my driving is back roads and not alot of highway use, but i averaged 26mpg's on the oem wheels and tires on said roads.

@thejeans and @signal_cx5
Any updates on MPG or companies producing lift kits for our Cx-5's?

I am interested and probably within a year of my bumper to bumper warranty expiring. Once that goes I'll also install my Firestone airbags on the rear.

Thanks!

ive used about a 1/4 of a tank since mounting the wheels on last week. let me get through a tank or two and ill post up what i got.

most of my driving is back roads and not alot of highway use, but i averaged 26mpg's on the oem wheels and tires on said roads.

@thejeans and @signal_cx5
Any updates on MPG or companies producing lift kits for our Cx-5's?

i averaged 24.5 mpg's on the fist tank, 26.5 on the second tank and 25.5 on the 3rd tank since installing the tires, that works out to a 25.5 average for the 3 tanks. so I'm seeing about a .5mpg drop from the stock wheels and tires which is pretty minimal in my opinion.

i am still working on the lift kit. its a slow process right now but stay patient guys, i promise its moving in a good direction!

Last edited:
i averaged 24.5 mpg's on the fist tank, 26.5 on the second tank and 25.5 on the 3rd tank since installing the tires, that works out to a 25.5 average for the 3 tanks. so I'm seeing about a .5mpg drop from the stock wheels and tires which is pretty minimal in my opinion.

i am still working on the lift kit. its a slow process right now but stay patient guys, i promise its moving in a good direction!

thejeans... I would be interested in a lift as well.

Your wheels and tires look good. Do you get a lot of crap on the side of your car with those tires and that offset when you're on a muddy road?

I am a former Forester owner and have some academic experience with Subaru Forester lifts through discussions on those with Anderson on SubaruForester.org. One problem with lifting a Forester was that is caused the rear suspension to rotate forward so that the rear wheels were then positioned forward in the wheel well at rest. Some special bracketry had to be developed to correct this.

I don't know if this is true of a CX-5 but it would be a good question to put to Anderson. Could you also ask them if it will require a suspension realignment? I'm assuming it will. Thanks.

Toto.

Hi thejeans... I know you from when I used to own a mazda3, I think your name is Rob maybe? It's been a while.
I have a 15 cx-5 and starting to look at options on what could be done to this car, been trying real hard not to start modifying it but want to see what's out there.

With that said, I might be interested on this. Can you send me some info on what you have so far and an estimate on pricing?

Thanks, I hope all is well.

whats up man, Rob was "coondogg"

Im working on trying to develop the kit and will have a better idea on lift cost in the future. once the kit is built and we have an idea on all the materials i can get a better estimate on price.

New update.

I am now working with a new vendor as the local shop is unable to do it right now. The new vendor believes this can happen and i will be finishing getting him a bunch of the info to hopefully move onto a prototype. I appreciate all the patience. wish i had the skill to weld/build my own parts and sell them to everyone.

New update.

I am now working with a new vendor as the local shop is unable to do it right now. The new vendor believes this can happen and i will be finishing getting him a bunch of the info to hopefully move onto a prototype. I appreciate all the patience. wish i had the skill to weld/build my own parts and sell them to everyone.

Not ignoring your post of the lifts. Thanks for working on that. I had a request. Do you have any full front and back shots of your car with the +35 offset wheels? I would like to see the stance. Thanks in advance.

Not ignoring your post of the lifts. Thanks for working on that. I had a request. Do you have any full front and back shots of your car with the +35 offset wheels? I would like to see the stance. Thanks in advance.

this is the best i have right now, ill take another one or two for you over lunch today

28646291400_988599f520_c.jpg

Back