3M tape primer

dshogman

:
2016 CX5 GT FWD
Trying to find this stuff but no luck. Anybody want to point me to a store where I can find it. Have tried Home Depot and Wal-Mart so far with no luck.
Thanks.

When I lived in Northern Virginia, there was a shop that carried only auto and high end paints. Maybe try a store like that near you?

OK, I got 5 tubes - but no directions how to use. Yes, I admit I am mechanically challenged (retired accountant) so would appreciate some guidance. First, how to open the tubes if they're supposed to be opened. Next when opened, just smear on the surface? Let set or use before dry? Do all the areas for the hood protector tapes at once or do a strip at a time?
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Straight from the 3M website:
Application Techniques

Surface Preparation: The bonding surface must be relatively clean and dry.
Contaminated surfaces should be cleaned with a 50/50 Isopropyl Alcohol and
water mixture. A clean lint-free cloth should be used.

Application: Shake 3M Primer 94 well before using. Apply a thin uniform coating
to the bonding surface using the minimum amount that will fully coat the surface.
Allow 3M Primer 94 to dry thoroughly before applying tape. This is usually
accomplished in 5 minutes at room temperature. Be sure the primed surface
remains free from contaminants prior to applying the tape. Porous surfaces may
require 2 applications of 3M Primer 94 for uniform coverage and good adhesion.
Allow first application of primer to dry before applying the second coat. 3M Primer
94 may be applied with brush or swab. It can also be applied with a pressurized
flow gun, knurled roller or other similar type of application equipment.

Clean up: 3M Primer 94 can be removed with acetone. Vigorous scrubbing may be
required. Test in small area to insure acetone will not affect the substrate surface.

Note: Carefully read and follow manufacturer’s precautions and directions for use
when handling cleaning solvents.

Thanks - I found same right after I wrote my request. This may be a really dumb question but how do you get the stuff out of the little tubes? Right after the "shake" instruction, where does it say how to open the tubes?

Back