Mazda Map Quarter update long overdue

Google

The last map update was back in December. Mazda is remaining silent on the issue. Customers of late model Mazdas who have onboard navigation have only 3 years worth of map updates and the updates have been regular, every quarter. Mazda says owners are entitled to 3 map updates a year.

Has anyone gotten through to Mazda on this issue or does anyone really care?

Would the dealership do that update when you have the infotainment update done or do you have to tell them, specifically?
My 3 is 2 years old and I've taken it back to the dealership, once so far. I do my own oil and oil/air/cabin filter changes.

@concept, the short answer is no. regardless of which dealership, they say they don't update the maps for you. they will flash or update your infotainment but for map updates you're on your own. the irony is that during PDI, they do update the map to the most current.

updating the maps is not complicated per se, but if you're a senior or not very familiar with computers, you might be challenged. you have to download mazda toolbox, register, set up a userid and password plus navigate the site. the update process can take a while since we're dealing with a 2 GB download plus writing on the SD card. personally, i don't like taking the SD card out because it's small and it can easily dropped or lost.

there is no new map update. but if you haven't done an update then you should. there have been major changes in mapsets. our mazda3 is the same age as yours. the link is here: http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree....rn_to=/navigation-updatemymaps?language=en-US

Thanks, Google. As a still-working engineer, I'm good with computer stuff. As backups, I have a son who builds, buys and sells computers, and a daughter who recently graduated with a Degree in computer systems. She also attended coding school in the hopes of being a web developer.
Now all I need is some spare time.

I notice that the Mazda site shows the last map update to be December 2015, but I wonder if I used the Mazda Toolbox, if it would actually update the map. I haven't tried it since I purchased my 2016 CX-5 in Sep 2015 and updated to the December map when I saw the update. I do love the CX-5, but they are several things that bother me (no live traffic/re-routing, no regular map updates, no way to open hatch without getting out of the vehicle, no easy access 12V receptable to charge my phone (the only one deep inside of the box between the front seats is a hassle since my box is full of stuff), etc. This was my very first Mazda purchase and unless they get their act together, it may be my last. I'm still using my 8 year old TomTom on my $34,000 car with Navigation!

I notice that the Mazda site shows the last map update to be December 2015, but I wonder if I used the Mazda Toolbox, if it would actually update the map. I haven't tried it since I purchased my 2016 CX-5 in Sep 2015 and updated to the December map when I saw the update. I do love the CX-5, but they are several things that bother me (no live traffic/re-routing, no regular map updates, no way to open hatch without getting out of the vehicle, no easy access 12V receptable to charge my phone (the only one deep inside of the box between the front seats is a hassle since my box is full of stuff), etc. This was my very first Mazda purchase and unless they get their act together, it may be my last. I'm still using my 8 year old TomTom on my $34,000 car with Navigation!

Yeah, I mentioned this before. Mazda is at least a generation or two behind in terms of equipping their vehicles with modern entertainment/technologies. This has been the case since the 1st generation Mazda3s. GM, oddly enough seems to be rather innovative though. Update through Mazda Toolbox, it will take a while the first time.

Pretty happy with the new update. It now shows the northern part of the I-485 beltloop which was completed in June 2015. Several new roads added/updated. One weird thing. When leaving work yesterday, just for the heck of it I used system to navigate home. I immediately got the voice message, "Special permits may be required for part of your route". Never gotten that before from a GPS system.

Back