Not shifiting out of park and then a light show!

Tundraroamer

:
2014 CX-5 GT
This was weird. Could not shift out of park (others have said similar) after starting engine but this time it took several rounds of brake on and off while trying to shift before it finally released and shifted.
Drove about 20 feet and all of a sudden the dash lights, radio, every light and display that you can see and even maybe the headlights start flashing on and off. Maybe at the same speed as the blinker flashes.
I stopped the car and shut it off. Restarted it and all was good.
Not the first time I have had to shut it off to reset the electronic craptastic infotainment system due to a frustrating issue.

Anybody else experience this?

2014 CX-5 Grand Touring

In another vehicle I had the weird dash light issue and it turned out to be that I had not tightened the clamps enough for a new battery I installed. So my very inexperienced mechanical advice would be to check the battery, connections and ensure it is clean.

And if that doesn't work, take it to the dealer because it's bound to have thrown a computer code during the incident.

In another vehicle I had the weird dash light issue and it turned out to be that I had not tightened the clamps enough for a new battery I installed. So my very inexperienced mechanical advice would be to check the battery, connections and ensure it is clean.

+1
First rule in electrical diagnosis:

If it's wierd, it's usually a ground problem (yes).​
Also, check the engine to chassis ground (detect). Not sure where is is but there needs to be one somewhere.

Back